ICH5R RAID0 Setup Not Recognised By Spinrite 6

Soldato
Suggestion For A Utility Similiar Too Spinrite 6

I burn't a CD ISO image of Spinrite 6 onto a CD and was able to use it on a Maxtor 120GB HDD PATA, which is Master on the Primary IDE Channel on the ICH5R con, on an Asus P4C800 mobo. I ran it in Number 4 mode, ie for maintenance.

Using the same CD image I then attempted to run it on 2 X 74Gb Raptors in RAID0 on the ICH5R con, on an Asus P4P800 E Deluxe mobo (spec in sign), however, it would just not even boot into the program.

I then created a floppy diskette with Spinrite 6 on it, this time it booted into the program, and I got past the first 3 pages, however, when I selected Number 4 mode again to run it for maintenance, when it came to identifying the hard drives it went no further, it simply sat for quite a while with the word "working" flashing over & over. Obviously the program could not pick up my Raptors or my Seagate Barracudas in RAID0.

Is there another utility around that I could use to perform the same function as what I wanted to perform with Spinrite, ie use it for maintenance, or is there something else I could do to get Spinrite to recognise my 2 RAID0 setups?

Many thanks for your suggestions! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If there is no way to get Spinrite to recognise the hard drives, I would be most grateful for suggestions of a software utility similiar to Spinrite 6, that would let me use it for maintenance, ie as Number 4 in Spinrite 6. :)

Back
Top Bottom