1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like a new phone - £100-£150

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Baker, 6 May 2006.

1. Baker

PermaBanned

So i'm looking for a new phone. My current Sharp GX10i keeps crashing and shutting down, so i'm using an old sony ericsson phone which just isn't cutting it.
    I prefer flip phones, because the screens won't get damaged in my pocket and they're generally smaller, but any recommendation will do as i will look through them all. Ideally wanting to spend between 100 and 150 UK pounds, but can be stretched if worth it. Must have bluetooth and GPRS. Not bothered about a camera (got a digital camera anyway).
    Any recommendations? Cheers.

2. djcj

Wise Guy

Contract or PAYT ?

3. Baker

PermaBanned

PAYG/PAYT or SIM free.

4. djcj

Wise Guy

Best handset for £150 has to be the Sony Ericsson K750i, if you want a flip phone it would have to be a Motorola v3 for the money (although i hate them)

5. OV3RCLOCK3R

PermaBanned

Definatly Sony Ericsson k750i. Can be had for £130 brand new on PAYG now.

6. Spamalot

Soldato

If you want a flip then I would for the V3i (for £150), Its always been a looker and with the i its now usable.

7. blairw

Mobster

Stay away from moto - 750i is a steal at this price

8. Spamalot

Soldato

Well thats hard if you want a flip. K750i is good at that price tough.

9. Haly

Woman of Honour

Always see so many v3s and v3is in for repair at work that it'd put me off them personally.
    I'd go for the k750i :) Much better features all round.

10. ChoÞÞer

Mobster

i got that k700i, its a ok phone, but the k750i is the 1 i go 4... as you got a flash and you can have memory cards

11. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Had a load of mates all had some form of problems with their V3/i's. Very prone to crashing.

12. Kappa

Soldato

lol to be honest I get just as many K750's in too. If you want something solid and reliable then I reckon a 6230i is the way to go, (yes I know its old). As far as a flip would go, if you're happy with how sharps work the new GX29 is pretty swish, very nice looking too. Cant really think of any other flips unless you get a GX30 off of the fleabay, never really heard a bad word about those. Got everything you want and a good camera.

13. Haly

Woman of Honour

True, forgot about the 6230i.
    I know the k750i has a dodgy joystick at times, but the mot v3/i seems to be able to combine crap software with poor build quality so it has twice as many things that go wrong.
    I'd never recommend a v3 or v3i unless the customer refuses to go for anything else, and then I sigh to myself and wait for them to come in a few weeks later with a problem.

14. Kappa

Soldato

lol same here, + bad HWL :mad: and so many people want it lol. Go on mate, nokia 1600....its exactly the same..but nokia!

EDIT - Do you have to deal with HWL at CPW? Sometimes it seems like you guys dont, especially not at phones4poo, maybe i'm wrong. lol

15. Haly

Woman of Honour

Don't think so, or at least I haven't. :)

16. Kappa

Soldato

arrr no way! It would be so easy if we didnt have to deal with it! Apparantly a couple of years ago we didnt have a HWL target... now we do and it SUCKS! :mad:

17. Haly

Woman of Honour

Unlucky :(
    I've been lucky the past week, at one branch (I'm split between two) they've lowered my targets! :confused:
    I usually meet them anyway so bit odd :o