• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ideal upgrade from a GTX 970 MINI for a 4k tv

Soldato
Morning all,

I wish to connect my mini itx pc to a 4k tv. I currently have a GTX 970 MINI however Im thinking about upgrading to a better card. I wish to play 4K games at high setting at least.

I'm torn between upgrading the crd or waiting for the xbox one x.

I did look at the gtx 1080 mini however that is a lot of money. I have a corsair mini itx case and a bequite 600w psu.

Thanks

Soldato
Well If you're not prepared to spend the money, you have few options.

Anyway, an Xbox One X, once you've added all the necessary extras, will be just as expensive as a 1080mini, so I don't see the reasoning behind not wanting to spend the money on one.

Soldato
I have a 4k tv and i've basically come to terms with I'll be buying a 1080ti. Just waiting for a card to price around £600.

It will 4k nearly all games at 60fps and it will 21:9 all games to 60fps that have been released from the dawn of time to 2017. Thats enough for me given how much of a backlog I have. Newer games we might have to make do with downing the resolution or effects but it should comfortably last this gen IMO.

Then again a GTX 670 has lasted me until now.

Associate
I was pretty happy my my heavily overclocked 980 Ti at 4k handled it pretty well though was sat at 1550mhz and 8.2ghz on the memory. Ideally a 1070 is the bare minimum as long as you don't mind dropping some settings but with the prices of a 1070 you're better just getting a 1080 :)

Back
Top Bottom