1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Identify this graphical corruption?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sirlemonhead, 11 Jul 2006.

1. sirlemonhead

Hitman

I get this from playing Battlefield 2 and CS Source. After no particular amount of time whatsoever, the screen will insantly go to this pattern... rebooting results in a perfectly clear bios and windows/2D is always perfect.

[​IMG]

Is my card just borked beyond all hope?

2. silversurfer

Capodecina

Try removing and reinstalling the drivers first. Also check the direct3d test in the control panel if possible

3. Jokester

Don

Flakey core in my experience.

Jokester

4. sirlemonhead

Hitman

It's not a software problem, as i've tried it in 2 other machines.

Flakey core as in sod all I can do to fix it?

5. Jokester

Don

Not particularly, it may be caused by heat, so you could try taking the cooler off and bunging some AS5 on, but that would invalidate your warranty which you will quite likely need to be honest.

Jokester

6. Mr Paul

Soldato

Looks like flakey memory to me. My old Gainward Ti4200 did that and it was the memory that was borked.

RMA time :)

7. sirlemonhead

Hitman

Ok sorry guys, I really haven't put enough info here (i've mentioned it lots of places previously and got no definitive answers, so i'm a bit jaded by the whole thing..)

It's a used MSI card, that I got with an NV Silencer Rev 2 on it. I've had problems since getting the card a few months ago.
    I just recently got a new Rev 3 NV Silencer from ocuk and i'm still getting problems with that. I'm using arctic silver ceramic on the GPU and i'm 100% sure it's making proper contact (i've redone the cooler install a couple of times now..but hey i could be wrong..)

According to systool, it's currently running at 46 degrees on the GPU, 36 degrees ambient. Case door is open and my room is nice and cool.

I don't get this screen corruption in OpenGL games. In those, I *might* get some texture corruption (black textures) or stretched polygons after a few hours playtime but it's rare.

8. Jokester

Don

That's definitely memory in that case if you're getting "spikey" texture corruption.

Jokester