1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identify this hardware please!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Meatball, 9 May 2006.

1. Meatball

Soldato

After installing a second XP on my computer (on seperate hard drive) I cannot identify what drivers I need to install for some devices listed in Device Manager. They are the following:
    - Other PCI Bridge Device (Only have sound card installed in PCI slot)
    - PCI Input Device
    I know my motherboard in effect has two BIOS's because theres an added Sis chipset which adds SATA and a LAN port, but I'm sure I installed the drivers for them (the extra SATA and lAN run off the PCI bus according to my mboard manual.) I have a ECS KN1 Extreme motherboard. I have installed the following drivers:
    1) Monitor
    2) CPU
    3) G.Card
    4) Sound Card
    5) Chipset (nForce 4ULTRA)
    6) The drivers which I THINK are for the added SATA and LAN ports

system specs:
    ECS KN1 Extreme Mobo (with added Sis chipset)
    3800+ AMD 64
    200GB Seagate, 80Gb Samsung (SATA through nForce)
    X850XT PE
    Audigy 2ZS
    1GB ram

can anyone think of any other drivers/what the hardware is? I keep looking through the disk I got with my motherboard but I seem to have installed everything needed (obviously not though) Thanks for any help! :D

2. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

You could look on your original hard drive and see what the differences are I suppose? A program like Aida32 may be able to identify the hardware. Do you possibly have any other motherboard drivers on the CD? On my Via chipset based motherboard I had a 4 in 1 set to install.

3. Meatball

Soldato

Thanks for your post. I keep looking through the disk but it's incredibly confusing. I'll try that program, thankyou!

Aida couldn't unmask anything I I've just looked through the driver disk and still nothing :(.

Last edited: 9 May 2006
  4. [email protected]

Wise Guy

Hmmm.... Anything to do with other devices on your GFx card? VIVO perhaps? I know my x800 installs 3 or 4 things.

M