If England Qualify for the Word Cup Final are you going to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I'm not a fan of football at all but I watch when England are playing in the World Cup.

It's similar to the Olympics. I don't care for athletics but when world records are on the line it's interesting.

Caporegime
The world Cup. Is actually good. It makes doing other stuff easier. I'm glad people like football because of this.
For example, my gym class this week was dead (I assume because of football) which was great!

What I didn't like was a work social even on Tuesday was rescheduled on Friday for Wednesday vecause of football. And thus a 50pc drop in turn out. Would have been better to put a big screen up than move it last minute. Even the live music didn't happen as they could not reschedule at such short notice. Was a big disappointment.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Instead if they do qualify then I'll probably take the bike out for a blast and enjoy the deathly quiet roads.

I’m not super interested in any sport, although I keep a desultory eye on West Ham’s results, as the family of one of my first girlfriends were raving Hammers, and it kind of stuck.
I’ll watch France if they’re playing, but not at rugby, I have as much idea of rugby as I do quantum physics, but when I was driving a Black Cab, I loved it if England were playing.
It was like shooting fish in a barrel, I could take my pick of fares, there were only a handful of drivers working.
I could get an average 8 hour day’s money in 3 or 4 hours.
One day, I picked up a job in Holborn, going to Fenchurch St. station, and decided that that was it, finish.
As I pulled into the station, the queue of potential fares was 50-75 metres long, and their faces lit up as they saw me pull in.
I dropped the job, got paid, then extinguished the TAXI light, got out, faced the queue and said, “I’m finished, I’m going home, I live in Rotherhithe, if anyone’s going that way, they can have a freebie, on me.”
Two young women, halfway down the queue, said tentatively, “St. James Rd. Bermondsey?”
“We have a winner”, I said, they were happy, I was happy, a win-win.

Caporegime
Guys ,

If we qualify for the final and your scheduled to work next Sunday are you going in ? Out of 8 on shift I’ve already had 4 ask for a day off .

Is England likey to come to a standstill ?

i can rmeember the last time england did really well. young lad pulled a sickie.sacked next day.:p

Soldato
I never work Sundays but I'll watch the final regardless of who's playing. I only ever watch football during the Euro's and World Cup and try to watch as many matches as I can. Outside of that; I don't watch or support club football.

Associate
You will get people slating others for booking it off or bunking off work, but in another thread the same neckbeards will be doing the same because of a game release or some ****** cosplay convention.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

They are not football haters they are England haters, and this thread reveals who the haters are.

Don't be ridiculous.

I got Sweden and France in the sweepstake at work - so there's 50 quid up for grabs - it's just business.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What a surprise a bunch of computer nerds don't like watching sport. Oh wait, that's not a surprise at all..

I ******** love watching proper sport (mountain biking, snowboadring, various forms of motorsport, RLCS, athletics) - just not football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom