If England Qualify for the Word Cup Final are you going to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yea I can't stand football, overpaid pansies.

I bet on the other team, you get inflated odds.

Last world cup Italy won me £130 on a £10 bet.

2-1 Sweden common!!! - not that I'll be watching

Man of Honour
Guys ,

If we qualify for the final and your scheduled to work next Sunday are you going in ? Out of 8 on shift I’ve already had 4 ask for a day off .

Is England likey to come to a standstill ?

I'm sending this in a Private Message because you couldn't have asked a worse question in GD.
Most of them love Big Brother & Love Island so you are going to get negative replies about how cack football is.
Anyway, I watch as much football as I can during a season but don't tell any of the girls in here.
To answer your question if I was scheduled to work on a Sunday I wouldn't 100% take the time off.

Soldato
But is not going to happen, Sweden is playing way stronger than England.

As accurate as ever....

England - world cup final?

Go Sweden!

HaPmm2D.png

I'm even putting together a couple of bits of Ikea furniture together in celebration.

Don't be ridiculous.

I got Sweden and France in the sweepstake at work - so there's 50 quid up for grabs - it's just business.

Business isn't looking so great now......hope the furniture assembly session turned out better?

I bet on the other team, you get inflated odds.

Last world cup Italy won me £130 on a £10 bet.

2-1 Sweden common!!! - not that I'll be watching

Thoose odds not looking so great now....

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Business isn't looking so great now......hope the furniture assembly session turned out better?

It's ok France are still in it!

Furniture assembly went ok except everything kept going wide of the post!

Soldato
Really sad to see people hating their own countries football team.

I don't like tennis, but I don't hate on our players. I don't especially follow rugby, but I don't hate the team and still want them to win when we play.

People are very strange. Actually willing on other countries to beat us is pretty pathetic.

Man of Honour
I see we won, I then seen videos of people jumping on top of cars, buses and ripping up street furniture in celebration and then people wonder why football fans in general get a bad rep :o

Man of Honour
For some reason this forum plays havoc with my SwiftKey keyboard. Especially when a word contains an apostrophe
It's to do with an incompatibility between the forum software and Chrome on Android, rather than the keyboard. You can get around it by using the plain text editor but it's a pain. I get the issue on multiple software keyboards.

Man of Honour
This puts me in a bit of a dilemma really - I'm running a shift a couple of hours after the game - in the unlikely chance England do win its pretty much a given some are going to be coming in the worst for a drink or two or more... given the nature of the work that is quite a health and safety consideration.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Really sad to see people hating their own countries football team.

I never said that, I just said I'd prefer to see Sweden or France win. It's simple - I have Sweden and France in the sweepstake at work therefore I want either of those teams to win.

Sweden have now got knocked out so I'd like to see England win their next game and if they win that and if France don't make it to the final then I'd like to see England win the final as well.

Actually willing on other countries to beat us is pretty pathetic.

Hey, 50 quid is 50 quid!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This puts me in a bit of a dilemma really - I'm running a shift a couple of hours after the game - in the unlikely chance England do win its pretty much a given some are going to be coming in the worst for a drink or two or more... given the nature of the work that is quite a health and safety consideration.
Random alcohol testing. Done.

Soldato
Yes because I would rather go in work than watch that rubbish.

Did you read my mind?

Wish the football haters would stfu. What’s with this superiority complex they seem to have over people who like football?

I wish football supporters would STFU. Everytime you turn on the TV, football. Turn the radio, football. Football, football, football, bloody non stop football.

There was a "football free zone" on the radio this afternoon. What does every other sentence mention? Football. Blah, blah, blah... football. Blah blah, football. Blah blah blah football, football, football.

I actually switched over and listened to Radio1 for the first time in a lifetime its the only station they were more interested in music than bloody football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom