If England Qualify for the Word Cup Final are you going to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
No, of course not, without my job I wouldn't be able to enjoy the cup anyway. That said, I am loving every second of it and so is my wife, I'm not a football fan or English and yet I still feel proud to cheer on the boys who are representing the country I call home :)

How miserable must your existence be if you can't enjoy an event which happens every four years and brings the whole country together. For those of you wanting some normality back in your life, click here.

Caporegime
No, of course not, without my job I wouldn't be able to enjoy the cup anyway. That said, I am loving every second of it and so is my wife, I'm not a football fan or English and yet I still feel proud to cheer on the boys who are representing the country I call home :)

How miserable must your existence be if you can't enjoy an event which happens every four years and brings the whole country together. For those of you wanting some normality back in your life, click here.

Im pretty happy. We were out for a swim in local river in our town while it was on. (only realised because could hear the cheering)

Soldato

Just because someone has zero interest in football and doesn't take part it doesn't mean they are miserable. Football doesn't really bring the whole county together, its not that important. For many its just a bit of light entertainment that will be forgotten in a few weeks. For others it is more important then light entertainment but that's the same for any fans of any sport.

Soldato
Just because someone has zero interest in football and doesn't take part it doesn't mean they are miserable. Football doesn't really bring the whole county together, its not that important. For many its just a bit of light entertainment that will be forgotten in a few weeks. For others it is more important then light entertainment but that's the same for any fans of any sport.

I think he means the people who are actively negative towards it and I agree , if you have no interest then just don’t take part or watch it, there’s no need to whinge and moan and keep pedalling negative comments, imo these people are miserable and are trying to make everyone else just as miserable.

Caporegime
I think he means the people who are actively negative towards it and I agree , if you have no interest then just don’t take part or watch it, there’s no need to whinge and moan and keep pedalling negative comments, imo these people are miserable and are trying to make everyone else just as miserable.
Exactly, this thread is clearly aimed at people who are interested, so if you’re not interested at all, your opinion isn’t really relevant.

Caporegime

well said

it's like when I make a thread about Love Island - all the haters just pile on in...

Caporegime

Spot on, football is obviously not to everyone's tastes and that's fair enough, but when people make a point of exclaiming their dislike of it I can't help but wonder what they're hoping to achieve by doing so.

Soldato
Im pretty happy. We were out for a swim in local river in our town while it was on. (only realised because could hear the cheering)
Mate, you've posted about 5 times in this thread today alone before the game, yet claim you didn't even know it was on? You seem pretty obsessed with it all to be honest.

Soldato
If only it was that simple to just not take part. I would estimate a good 25 to 35% of people who watch it have no interest and/or are not enjoying it. A lot of football fans and I do not mean all fans, but a lot don't seem to understand not everyone is into football. They force it onto a lot of people and make them miserable.

Soldato
If only it was that simple to just not take part. I would estimate a good 25 to 35% of people who watch it have no interest and/or are not enjoying it. A lot of football fans and I do not mean all fans, but a lot don't seem to understand not everyone is into football. They force it onto a lot of people and make them miserable.

How is it forced? It really is simple not to get involved - You don’t have to watch it or take part or enter threads about it just to make negative comments

I’m not a big football or World Cup fan and I’ve manage to steer clear of anything I’m not interested in

Soldato
How is it forced? It really is simple not to get involved - You don’t have to watch it or take part or enter threads about it just to make negative comments

I’m not a big football or World Cup fan and I’ve manage to steer clear of anything I’m not interested in
A lot of people in family’s get dragged into watching it. If your wife or husband is a massive fan it’s not always that simple to just not get involved. Plus is can be hard to avoid the groups of fans roaming around trying to pull people into the chants.

Soldato
A lot of people in family’s get dragged into watching it. If your wife or husband is a massive fan it’s not always that simple to just not get involved. Plus is can be hard to avoid the groups of fans roaming around trying to pull people into the chants.

If your spouse is watching the football then do something else, if you feel forced to watch it then maybe you should question the relationship

Avoid places where there’s likely to be groups of fans , ie pubs etc , anywhere people are likely or encouraged to congregate to watch the matches

It’s not like there’s random flocks of people constantly going round the streets grabbing random people forcing them to sing vindaloo or it’s coming home lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom