If England Qualify for the Word Cup Final are you going to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
22 over paid numptys running after a ball of air ..and at what cost to the fans ?
but I have to say I did like how they played the other night ..
and I'm off till the 19th so if I have nothing better to do might watch 1 more if they make it that far
Cost to the fans? The experience is amazing and majority will be more than happy to pay!!!

Caporegime
A lot of people in family’s get dragged into watching it. If your wife or husband is a massive fan it’s not always that simple to just not get involved. Plus is can be hard to avoid the groups of fans roaming around trying to pull people into the chants.

It's a few weeks once every four years, avoid what you can and when it's unavoidable, suck it up.

Soldato
If your spouse is watching the football then do something else, if you feel forced to watch it then maybe you should question the relationship

Avoid places where there’s likely to be groups of fans , ie pubs etc , anywhere people are likely or encouraged to congregate to watch the matches

It’s not like there’s random flocks of people constantly going round the streets grabbing random people forcing them to sing vindaloo or it’s coming home lol
I am starting to think you are either very young or very naïve. Both in your comments on relationships and how some football fans act. Its not that simple for many people.

Man of Honour
I find it unbelievable that some people are press ganged in their own homes and forced to watch football, Love Island, Big Brother etc. Some of you need to get some balls. Honestly, thread after thread of people being forced to watch things they don't want to, grow some.

Soldato
I am starting to think you are either very young or very naïve. Both in your comments on relationships and how some football fans act. Its not that simple for many people.

How exactly do football fans act? The only ones I’ve seen have been in good spirits and that has only been in areas that’s easily avoided, mainly areas with pubs, it’s not like they hang around outside the shops waiting to accost people

As for relationships well one of my ex’s used to love Wimbledon , for the whole tournament she’d be glued to the tv, but she understood I had no interest and didn’t expect me to sit and watch with her, although I did watch some of it when some home grown players were on as I like to see our home countries do well in any sport

It may not be that simple but that is as I said more down to the relationship , imo if you feel forced to do something because of your partners reactions if you don’t ,then You have a problem

Soldato
How exactly do football fans act? The only ones I’ve seen have been in good spirits and that has only been in areas that’s easily avoided, mainly areas with pubs, it’s not like they hang around outside the shops waiting to accost people

As for relationships well one of my ex’s used to love Wimbledon , for the whole tournament she’d be glued to the tv, but she understood I had no interest and didn’t expect me to sit and watch with her, although I did watch some of it when some home grown players were on as I like to see our home countries do well in any sport

It may not be that simple but that is as I said more down to the relationship , imo if you feel forced to do something because of your partners reactions if you don’t ,then You have a problem
Funny you should say that as I went shopping yesterday to get parts to fix an aircon and shower. Football fans where running up and down singing trying to involve everyone and I heard a child near me ask her dad why are they doing that. Not sure how I or the other people are meant to avoid that.

If you go somewhere where a match is on like a pub and welfare club and people watch instead of watching football it soon becomes clear many people do not really want to be there.

Permabanned
Funny you should say that as I went shopping yesterday to get parts to fix an aircon and shower. Football fans where running up and down singing trying to involve everyone and I heard a child near me ask her dad why are they doing that. Not sure how I or the other people are meant to avoid that.

If you go somewhere where a match is on like a pub and welfare club and people watch instead of watching football it soon becomes clear many people do not really want to be there.
I'd never go near town after any football match ... it's like a battle zone

Soldato
Fortunately I've watched most of the matches that have happened while i've been in work so, wouldn't have much affect on me. As long as there's no activity on Tuesday and Wednesday evening I'm hoping to watch both of the semi's. For Sunday, (if we get there) I'm at RIAT so will definitely be finding somewhere nearby to watch before driving back to Southampton.

Soldato
Don't work on Sunday's anyway but if we're through to the final, I'll probably book Monday off and enjoy myself properly on the day of the game.

Caporegime
Don't work Sundays anyway but if I'm at work the day after then I'll be so hungover that I will be useless, or I'll just phone in sick

Man of Honour
Company I used to work for is enforcing it. No time off sunday or monday. If off sick, need a doctors note. Lots of fun listening to the complaining.
Their firewall already blocks all the video and radio streaming sites, and there's no mobile reception in the building either. :D

Sounds perfect to me.

Permabanned
I finished my shift a few hours ago. I'm sort of on my own and it'll be like that next Sunday and the Sunday after that. It's so demanding the responsibility is freaking enourmous :|

If I rang in sick after 3 years no absence just to watch the footy, it'd be the ultimate FU lol I'd be managed out and sacked within weeks.

So yeah I will be going to work I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom