If you could change an event in your life what would it be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Mined Bitcoin; I put far too much effort into getting high scores on distributed.net that I was jaded with the whole concept.

Capodecina
Soldato
Not having kids has definitely been a good decision
Recent events has seen my gf needing me to do all the house work for last 6 months. And the renovation of house. And it's exhausting. I'm more irritable and short tempered.
If I had kids I think this phase would have broken me. I'm just not the carer type. Never thought I was. But last few months have proved it. It's meant I need my free time for hobbies. Something that wouldn't be possible with kids.

It is among the hardest work conceived to raise children well. I don't regret the vast effort it has taken so far, for moderate success, though I doubt it ever ends (till death do us part, etc).

One of my wife's friends has two kids. Just visiting their house is exhausting. My life is like a permanent holiday in comparison. That's no exaggeration whatsoever.

Caporegime
One of my wife's friends has two kids. Just visiting their house is exhausting. My life is like a permanent holiday in comparison. That's no exaggeration whatsoever.

I sometimes think 'oh that looks lovely' at pics of my friends who have them. (very few of them).

But they always loved kids. And they are both very efficient, organised etc, good careers etc.

I'm not. I know it would cause me stress. I wouldn't just be able to rock up to beach if it's sunny etc. Everything would becomes about them. Holidays, hobbies (or lack of), sleep etc.
Me time would dissappear. And recent events have confirmed I couldn't cope.

I know I couldn't do it. I know I would be constantly stressed. And if my partner for whatever reason couldn't help... That's just terrifying.

It takes two very complete people to raise kids well, and still have a life. A lot of cost too.

Also, people at work generally seem to moan about thier kids. All of them.

Caporegime
Being born.

487.jpg

Associate
OP
I know i have said a lot of things that you don`t agree with and well opinions are like arse holes everyone has one.

But this one i have been wondering about the last few days. As i have previously said i moved to York in 2003 and my dad moved the year before and my sister and her then BF lived with him while she did her last year at Leeds Met.

I remember discussing this with my family in early 2002 and i said that i was unhappy with this and i thought they were showing favoritism to my sister etc and i said that i did not want to move but eventually went along with it, i was also unhappy as my dad would not be around, my parents had remortgaged the house we had to buy a second home in york also.

I do wonder how things would have turned out if i had dug my heels in more and not moved or at least been able to argue more towards staying in Lincolnshire but moving to Lincoln or Boston for example. Or at a stretch Grimsby or Peterborough.

I wonder how things would have turned out would they have been better or worse.

I also wonder as in summer 2003 my sister moved to London and if i had stressed the importance of sticking together she may not have gone thus her career would not have been as strong.

I also wonder what would have happened if my sister had not stayed at her grammar school for 6th form to do A levels and instead my parents had forced/pushed her into going to college in Boston or Lincoln.

Soldato
Not going to so many gigs without ear protection. Tinnitus is horrible sometimes, i find it matches my mood though, sometimes its very soft sound and with stress the sound intensifies

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I know i have said a lot of things that you don`t agree with and well opinions are like arse holes everyone has one.

But this one i have been wondering about the last few days. As i have previously said i moved to York in 2003 and my dad moved the year before and my sister and her then BF lived with him while she did her last year at Leeds Met.

I remember discussing this with my family in early 2002 and i said that i was unhappy with this and i thought they were showing favoritism to my sister etc and i said that i did not want to move but eventually went along with it, i was also unhappy as my dad would not be around, my parents had remortgaged the house we had to buy a second home in york also.

I do wonder how things would have turned out if i had dug my heels in more and not moved or at least been able to argue more towards staying in Lincolnshire but moving to Lincoln or Boston for example. Or at a stretch Grimsby or Peterborough.

I wonder how things would have turned out would they have been better or worse.

I also wonder as in summer 2003 my sister moved to London and if i had stressed the importance of sticking together she may not have gone thus her career would not have been as strong.

I also wonder what would have happened if my sister had not stayed at her grammar school for 6th form to do A levels and instead my parents had forced/pushed her into going to college in Boston or Lincoln.
I think you should seriously consider a psychologist, it may help you start to live your life before it's over.

Soldato
No I don't think I'm funny, I think you're someone who's either on a wind up or genuinely has some very unhealthy feelings towards his sister. It's not her fault you haven't had a successful life and wishing failure on her because you think she should know how it feels or because it would make you feel better is pretty worrying, sadistic and selfish.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

Yeah, you really sound like you need to talk to someone professional about this.

Not going to so many gigs without ear protection. Tinnitus is horrible sometimes, i find it matches my mood though, sometimes its very soft sound and with stress the sound intensifies

Oh man. This, but the cause was racing engines with minimal exhaust systems. I've learned to mostly block it out and kind-of hear 'around' it? But yeah. Tinnitus sucks, and I'd give a bunch to go back and make sure I was taking the precautions that would have stopped the damage from occurring!

Still...nothing quite like the thump in the chest you get from a Top Fuel engine revving in close proximity. Good times :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom