If you could choose any film to re-watch in a cinema...

Associate
I'd love an Akira Kurosawa day at the cinema.

Yojimbo
Sanjuro
Finish with Seven Samurai

Good news is with a new Blade Runner film coming out we'll likely get interest drummed up with some showings of the original. I went a couple of years ago when it had a short round at the big screen, which was really sweet as I didn't get to see it on the big screen first time round. There's so much more detail in the background you can pick out on the big screen, even compared to blu-ray.

Soldato
Saving Private Ryan, especially the first 20 minutes or so.

Not that I'm much of a fan of going to the pictures mind you, I'd rather watch at home on a quality display and a quality surround sound system, with a bottle of beer in one hand and something else in the other ;) Audio in theatres is generally pretty terrible, ime.

I went to the pictures to see Jaws when it was originally released, absolutely terrified me, still does, still stops me from going in the water to this day.

Associate
Having recently finished my own home cinema (link in sig) I've been going through my favourite films and rewatching all of them and my list is very similar to the ones on here. Been through the Dark Knight and Alien films recently and Blade Runner again which was fantastic.

Watched Terminator a few days ago so T2 is next on the list :).

Caporegime
Benefit of being studying film at University; Having private screenings at a local independent cinema (Phoenix) of 'classic' films :), and huge discounts/free tickets to many film events/re releases.

There are very few films that I want to experience on the 'big screen' that I have not already.

Caporegime
Got to be Saving Private Ryan. I was too young to see it at release.

Apocalypse Now Redux as well. It looked and sounded absolutely incredible on our home system, but imagine it in IMAX...

Associate
There's talk of a Star Wars: 4K Restoration Of A New Hope Coming

Of course there is. Disney know episode's 4-6 and the Sequal series would sell by the box load, to customers with 4K players and TV's, and as digital downloads.
The whole Star Wars franchise looks amazing on Blu-ray, as it is. :D

I'd love to watch the following movies on a 4K Laser Cinema screen:
Star Wars 1-7 + Rogue One.
Star Trek Wrath of Khan.
Terminator 1-2
The Matrix
Saving Private Ryan
Pearl Harbor
Top Gun (For the sound track.)

Soldato
Tough choice, a lot of the films listed already I already have seen in the cinema

I saw the original Star wars IV in the cinema as a kid

Maybe a classic like Battle of Britain

Back
Top Bottom