If you could go one place in the world, where would it be?

Soldato
Title says it all really. Whether you choose to answer as your dream destination, or somewhere you would love to live its up to you.

1 place, where would it be?

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
machu picchu

and hopefully in the next 5 or so years, I might be able to afford it.
Funny you should mention that.

n886540610_1040118_2150.jpg

Returned from Peru this morning. Spent nearly 5 weeks travelling around seeing the sights and Trekking. More pics on request ;)

Man of Honour
Being that I haven't seen most of the world I think I want to see some of the four continents I have never stepped onto - Africa, Australia, S America and Antartica. I think once I get a footing into those then I'm sure I'll have a more realistic favorite location. At the moment though it has to the Grand Canyon USA, or Rome.

Soldato
I went backpacking in peru last year and visited machu picchu, it was breathtaking. We camped underneath it the night before we climbed and we could see the silhouette of the ruins as the moon was behind it.

Picture687.jpg

Picture699.jpg

If I were to go anywhere it would be Hong Kong or somewhere in Japan to visit a traditional shrine, if they still exist.

Soldato
For years I have wanted to go to Japan and finally next year I am spending a couple of weeks out there traveling around :D ... as with slambo69 above I'm hoping to see some of the traditional side, (shrines etc), not just the modern metropolises.

Where else .... I'd like to go to Canada or New Zealand. Machu Picchu in the pics above certainly looks interesting too but I don't think I'm up to back packing though, (much prefer less exercise and more 4* hotels ;)).

I would quite like to go to India, but only if my friends Bijit and Rav came along to to act as guides and show me around and how to have a good time there!

Back
Top Bottom