• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If you have an x1800xt get 2gig of mem!

Soldato
Hi guys just installed an extra gig chip into my pc the other day and i must say what an improvement in general! Everything runs even smoother than it did before. There are big differences I have noticed now.

Quake 4 which did stutter when on ultra high on any settings with 1gig runs really really fast with that extra gig now!

3dmark 2005 now easily breaks the 9k mark with a modest over clock of 660 core and 800 mem (9047)

Battlefield 2 really needs 2gig anyways so runs a lot better.

BFME 2 Beta does run slightly faster I guess, just means no slowdown in the action using any powers now.

not given f.e.a.r a go yet but in general there have been decent performance increases all round, im very happy now.

All in all I'll sum this up by suggesting that 2gig mem is a minimum you would really want to have with this card as it is now strutting its stuff even easier :D

Back
Top Bottom