Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
OP
Only thing I would be worried about this monitor is:

- how heavy the anti-glare matte finish is
- contrast ratio, hopefully not less than 1000:1.........

And of course, the usual back light bleed and/or excessive IPS glow.

Noticed it is a ADS IPS panel, iirc, that is Samsungs IPS panels?

Caporegime
OP
And ordered, too good of a price to refuse and suspect it will only go up by £50-100 once stock does arrive.....

Will be used more for work than anything as oled telly will still get used for the majority of gaming etc.

Been looking at this for the last few days.
Looks an absolute steal.

Is it Freesync 2 or just Freesync?

Probably just freesync, the freesync range for this is 48-144HZ so I don't think that meets the freesync 2 requirements.

I thought theirs were PLS

Ah yeah that's right! Not sure who this panel is by then.....

Associate
Bought one yesterday from somewhere else else and got dispatch confirmation today with Monday slated for delivery. First time buying something without any reviews - hope I don't regret it!

Caporegime
OP
Just realised my desk monitor arm won't support the weight of this.... Damn it!!!! Only got the monitor arm a couple of months ago too.

Associate
And ordered, too good of a price to refuse and suspect it will only go up by £50-100 once stock does arrive.....

Will be used more for work than anything as oled telly will still get used for the majority of gaming etc.

Probably just freesync, the freesync range for this is 48-144HZ so I don't think that meets the freesync 2 requirements.

Ah yeah that's right! Not sure who this panel is by then.....

As far as a I can see its free sync premium, which includes low latency, wider synch range and low frame rate compensation. All of which was mentioned in freesynch 2 features.

Associate
Bought one yesterday from somewhere else else and got dispatch confirmation today with Monday slated for delivery. First time buying something without any reviews - hope I don't regret it!
whats your existing monitor? would be great if you can tell us how the general responsiveness of the monitor is aswell as how bad the backlight bleed is. Knowing its a cheaper chineese IPS compared to LG IPS, I am sure there is bound to be some.

Caporegime
OP
Decided to cancel mine, read a few comments about the acer one (same panel) having a heavier matte finish than LGs (can't stand this) and also because I have been burnt too many times with shoddy QC.

Will wait for more user comments and preferably a review from trust worthy sites first.

Associate
It's coming today so I'll have a look. My current monitor is a very aging Samsung S27A750D. Not really have experience with anything else to compare with.

Any tips on how to take the picture for backlight uniformity are welcome, or anything else you'd like me to do.

Caporegime
OP
For backlight bleed etc.:

- set the brightness to what you would use yourself i.e. don't have it set to 100%
- if your phone/camera has exposure control, adjust this until what you see on the camera screen matches what your eyes see in real life

Associate
It's coming today so I'll have a look. My current monitor is a very aging Samsung S27A750D. Not really have experience with anything else to compare with.

Any tips on how to take the picture for backlight uniformity are welcome, or anything else you'd like me to do.

Excited to hear what you think of it. :)

Can't really find any reviews of this nor the supposed Acer equivalent really.

Associate
Got it all set up now and running. Holy **** it's a massive improvement over my S27A750D out of the box - however that could partially be because I never set that one up correctly. FINALLY I can read black on white text without it looking so "thin" that it's nearly invisible.

Just realised my 980ti does not even support G-Sync Compatible monitors - gutted. That on top of the fact DP1.2 can't reach the full resolution at 144hz, it only goes up to 120Hz which I knew beforehand anyway.

I've not managed to take a good picture to check for black uniformity. I can't get my room dark enough and the spots I see are reflections from my desk for example. I can probably see a little bleed ca. 2 inch radius max but I really have to go looking for it to see it. A Dutch website has tested the monitor supposedly and posted the results here.

Overall very pleased so far. Monitor feels very sturdy, doesn't flex as much as my old Samsung. Happy to try and answer any specific questions, but my experience with other monitors is very limited so bear that in mind.

kp4Kd49.jpg

Back
Top Bottom