Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
How thick is the desk? The clamp mounts I have can deal with 60mm+. You can also get mounts that require you to drill a small hole through the desk.

Desk is about 12cm thick as it has shallow draws at the front. Drilling through not really an option given the draws. Will keep looking, but thanks.

Caporegime
OP
I see this monitor is now listed as freesync premium, could have sworn it was listed as freesync 2 originally.

I have just purchesed this monitor all is good except i can't work out what buttons i need to press to navigate the Menu (i can get the Menu to display but i can not work out how to move to the left so i can go too the different Catergaries like "color - input select - pip/pbp" and so on) any help with this would be great.

You need to hit the input/exit to go back a level where you can then move to other sections.

Associate
Just to weigh in on this thread. I got this monitor about a month ago from another retailer. Once my new GPU arrived and I could use G-Sync, i started to get the random flickering issues that are supposedly related to the older firmware. I emailed iiyama and they wanted 7-10 turnaround after collecting the screen to check it over, and install new firmware if necessary.

I bought a decent replacement 1.4a DP cable off Amazon on the off chance it was that. It's been over a week with the new cable and (touch wood), I haven't seen the flickering issue again. So I imagine there's a good chance I'm already on the new firmware, just the DP in box might not be that great?

EDIT: I also got a 'Tropical Website' basics Monitor Arm and it looks great:-

https://imgur.com/Meb5JpB

Last edited:
Associate
hi, I'm another owner of the iiyama but I'm having an issue with the monitor, and don't know if it happens to you also. When I enable in windows the HDR without having the hdr option of the monitor enabled the screen look like decolored or i should say like It's brighter i adjoint a photo and later i enable the hdr in monitor and it is pretty much the same with the same decolored image, but when i have enabled firstly the hdr in monitor menu and later, I enable the hdr in windows the screen turns green. I'm using the HDMI that comes with the monitor in the box with a resolution of 3440x1440 and 100 Hz of refresh rate, it happens also in others resolutions. And is there any way to know what version of firmware you have installed, maybe the monitor menu is different or something?. thank you in advance guys i dont wanna have a faulty unit.
P.D: I use a gaming laptop with a rtx 2060.

IMAGE WITHOUT ANY HDR

IMAGE WITH ONLY HDR IN WINDOWS

IMAGE WITH BOTH HDR ENABLED BUT FIRST IN WINDOWS LATER IN MONITOR

IMAGE WITH HDR FIRST IN MONITOR LATER IN WINDOWS ENABLED

Soldato
HDR is fake news (aka a marketing gimmick) on LCD's without some kind of backlight local dimming and a very high peak brightness.

This monitor has neither and it is one of those 'features' you should never try to use because its terrible.

Soldato
Proper HDR monitors cost so much you might as well just buy an 48” LG OLED and call it done.

You’ll get a much better experience either way.

Associate
I finally got around to getting mine swapped out as it had the original problem with the right side of the screen freezing and requiring a power cycle to fix it. Other than that the monitor was perfect. Replacement arrived last night, just plugged it and it has a load of dead pixels on the right hand side of the screen, oh and it doesn't work :) Like flat out doesn't work, plugged in multiple cables into all of the inputs, tried it on 2 different PCs, nothing. And even the OSD doesn't work, absolutely dead. Starting to wish I had just put up with having to power cycle my original one now :( Oh well let's see what they say when I phone up later this morning!

**EDIT** All of this was done direct with Iiyama btw NOT through OCUK so I am not blaming them at all here (and I did buy from OCUK)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I have just got the second one after RMa-ing the first one for bleeding. However, I have a strange problem.
It seems that, when looked perpendicular on the monitor, the right half has a yellowish tint, which is pretty obvious on white, but also shifts other displayed colours.
I'm not talking about edge, Im talking about 2/5 od the monitor (right side) having the yellow tint.

Anybody with a similar issue?

I have this slightly on my monitor to but imho for a 350gbp monitor that's acceptable. If you want better colour accuracy across a monitor of this size, you need to spend more money.

Associate
Hi all, I ordered this last night but still unsure of my purchase. I've had the LG 29UM67-P for 5 years, was only a couple of hundred £ at the time and I've loved it since. However I have been wanting a higher refresh rate for a while and a bump in resolution. However would have ideally come in a little under 34" due to having to sit quite close to it.

I think if I mount it to the wall with a low profile mount I will get the FOV I'm looking for however wondering how difficult the mavigation buttons will be to use as there at the back, does the VESA mount have enough gap between the mounting points buttons?

Additionally, having a skim through this thread does look like a bit of a lottery on the panel. My LG is incredibly well uniformed and the input lag feels excellent, so I wouldn't want to go backwards in either regards, but as both are IPS screens I thought they'd be similar in that regard.

Additionally, is input lag higher if using HDMI? I might be forced to use HDMI at 120hz due to the distance from the PC (currently using 5m HDMI to my LG).

Associate
Hi all, I ordered this last night but still unsure of my purchase. I've had the LG 29UM67-P for 5 years, was only a couple of hundred £ at the time and I've loved it since. However I have been wanting a higher refresh rate for a while and a bump in resolution. However would have ideally come in a little under 34" due to having to sit quite close to it.

I think if I mount it to the wall with a low profile mount I will get the FOV I'm looking for however wondering how difficult the mavigation buttons will be to use as there at the back, does the VESA mount have enough gap between the mounting points buttons?

Additionally, having a skim through this thread does look like a bit of a lottery on the panel. My LG is incredibly well uniformed and the input lag feels excellent, so I wouldn't want to go backwards in either regards, but as both are IPS screens I thought they'd be similar in that regard.

Additionally, is input lag higher if using HDMI? I might be forced to use HDMI at 120hz due to the distance from the PC (currently using 5m HDMI to my LG).

The navigation buttons should be fine as they are sort of recessed and I would imagine they would be pretty easy to press even if wall mounted.

Apparently the input lag is fairly high regardless of input but to be honest I never notice it but then again I don't play competitive FPS or the like that would really require extremely low input lag.

Caporegime
Ordered one of these earlier for £330 from Rainforest after I had to send my 66 back due to a couple of issues :(

Hoping it's a good one, but I'll have an UW monitor til the end of Jan regardless!

Associate
I got one of these myself, arrives Monday. Already got a KabelDirekt DP cable - they're VESA certified and had good success with them in the past (with another monitor that flickered with a poor cable).

I'll be sure to report my findings!

Back
Top Bottom