Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
OP
@varkanoid

Out of the box should be pretty good according to reviews. IIRC, settings should be about 15-30% brightness (depending on your preference), contrast at 50. The main setting you need to mess with is the colour preset, either warm, cool or user mode, seems to depend on the panel, which one is more accurate.

Associate
Hi I have the
iiyama G-MASTER GB3461WQSU-B1 computer monitor 34" 3440 x 1440 UWQHD.

yesterday all of a sudden the screen went black, tried turning off and back on, the white logo screen came on and off but no picture, I tried pressing the settings button, but the option menu flashed on screen for 1/2 a second. There is power to it. I tried another screen incase it was my pc, but its working fine.
I also removed the power lead and refitted incase it was loose, but that was fine. Has any one else had this or know a quick fix? I only had it since Jan and bought brand new. Thanks for any help

Soldato
Yup, was for those who were having issues when first released but since the firmware fixed them problems, it seemed a bit pointless to keep it running and probably put of potential buyers.
I see, but the firmware doesn't fix the defective panels in many of the shipped monitors we were getting... I know cause I went through 2 samples with major pixel errors.

Soldato
That's just life buying LCD monitors pretty much regardless of brand. I once went through 5 high end 27" screens before I was sent one without major defects, they were not cheap either.

The problem is most people don't care or notice and would rather have a bargain basement price and a super slim panel/bezel (which makes it harder to evenly backlight) than a good quality product.

Caporegime
OP
I see, but the firmware doesn't fix the defective panels in many of the shipped monitors we were getting... I know cause I went through 2 samples with major pixel errors.

Isn't that pretty much standard for all monitors though? :p :( Sadly panel lottery still applies to all monitors. It's why I refuse to drop more than £400 on any LCD display, let alone £800+ as they're no better than these £400 ones for QC :o

Caporegime
Isn't that pretty much standard for all monitors though? :p :( Sadly panel lottery still applies to all monitors. It's why I refuse to drop more than £400 on any LCD display, let alone £800+ as they're no better than these £400 ones for QC :o
I’d go for a Dell/Alienware if you want pixel perfect, they guarantee it.

Caporegime
OP
I’d go for a Dell/Alienware if you want pixel perfect, they guarantee it.

Have they changed their terms then? Back with the ultrasharp models, they offered something similar but in the fine print it had to be in the centre or/and at least 2/3 dead pixels iirc.

What about bleed? That is the biggest problem with monitor nowadays.

Caporegime
Soldato

Well true to some extent :) though never seen it as bad as that IIyama. To be fair though, if you got one that worked you were/are in for a treat. I've ended up buying 2nd hand where I could inspect the monitor and I never thought I would be buying a VA panel but the Samsung G7 is solid if horizontal scanlines with some color patterns aren't something that bothers you(I don't notice it personally).

Soldato
Had a spray of dead/stuck pixels and a random mark (thunder fly type size) getting it collected tomorrow and a replacement delivered, amazing panel though! Can’t wait to get the replacement back

Caporegime
I'm going to be getting my new monitor in a week or two and generally speaking, it seems like this screen attracts favourable reviews.

Having said that, seeing as the monitor is, IMO, the most important part of the system, I can't help but be a little nervous about picking one of these up.

The other downside is that I'll need to step up to a higher tier GPU (when that's eventually possible), whereas if I did, for example, go with the 32" Asus 16:9 1440p (which is dearer), then I'd still be able to consider mid-range cards like the 6700XT or RTX3060.

Soldato
I'm going to be getting my new monitor in a week or two and generally speaking, it seems like this screen attracts favourable reviews.

Having said that, seeing as the monitor is, IMO, the most important part of the system, I can't help but be a little nervous about picking one of these up.

The other downside is that I'll need to step up to a higher tier GPU (when that's eventually possible), whereas if I did, for example, go with the 32" Asus 16:9 1440p (which is dearer), then I'd still be able to consider mid-range cards like the 6700XT or RTX3060.
I’m on my 2nd panel, this also appears to have 3 stuck/dead pixels, although they are in my field of view they are close to the right hand side, truth be told I can’t even see them unless I put DPB on all white to search for them.... As I didn’t pay full retail price for it, I’m not really worried about sending it back a 3rd time, but had I paid £400 like some I’d want their QC to have picked this up before it had left the factory :(

Caporegime
I’m on my 2nd panel, this also appears to have 3 stuck/dead pixels, although they are in my field of view they are close to the right hand side, truth be told I can’t even see them unless I put DPB on all white to search for them.... As I didn’t pay full retail price for it, I’m not really worried about sending it back a 3rd time, but had I paid £400 like some I’d want their QC to have picked this up before it had left the factory :(

Thanks, I think I'm leaning towards forgetting about this screen, though that might alter come ordering day! :D

Associate
Having looked at a number of different 34" models (VA/IPS) I've decided to take a chance on this one. It looks like a good value option so hopefully fingers crossed there's no issues!

Back
Top Bottom