Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
It's not too bad. On a completely white screen it looks like some darkness on the right hand side but if I mess about with the contrast and brightness settings it seems to even out a bit (or perhaps not look as bad). As there's no dead pixels or any other issues so far I think I'll keep it. It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be coming from a 24inch screen, enjoying the extra space!

Soldato
After 8 months of searching, I finally decided to get one of these. I hate shopping for monitors, it seems like every model has at least one problem, it's always a compromise when trying to decide what to get. Hopefully, I will get a decent panel or it's going back.

Associate
Finally decided to either buy this or the Dell P3421W (which is 60hz). Unfortunately the Dell does not have as much (non dell website ) reviews to give a balanced view.

How good are the PIP & PBP features of this monitor?

Will the text be clear at 50-60cm sitting distance from the screen ?

Primary use is reading text/coding/spreadsheets. Any real benefits of high refresh rates in this usage scenario?

This or the Dell P3421W (assuming same price)?

Thanks.

Associate
@css_jay99, in answer to your questions PiP is really only useful for watching TV/videos in a corner IMO.

PBP is excellent providing you know how to get the best out of it; the output must be set to 1720x1440 @ exactly 60Hz in order to fully fill each side of the screen. Alternatively you can create a custom resolution at any refresh rate with the Timing Standard set to CVT Reduced Blank. If the output is not set correctly the picture will only fill a narrow band in PBP mode. I'm using mine this way with my home desktop (1 output) and work laptop (2 outputs) connected. When working I use PBP to have "two" monitors for work, one of which can be temporarily switcheded back to use half the monitor for my desktop for Googling, checking mails, playing with code on a personal VM etc. When not working I just turn PBP off and use it as a normal full res screen for my desktop.

Text at 50-60cm will be more than fine, the pixel pitch is identical to a 27" 1440p screen.

Can't comment on the Dell personally, although it seems to feature a KVM too which would be handy. For reference I am using a seperate USB switch to move mouse and keyboard between home and work computers.

Associate
thanks Zola25.

I just had another thought. How is the even cheaper monitor IIYAMA PROLITE XUB3493WQSU IPS 75Hz at £330? If this is just as good then maybe the cheaper one since I won't be making use of the higher refresh's rate anyway.

Caporegime
OP
For those who sent their monitor back to get the firmware done, how did you go about this? Through the etailer you got it from or just via iiyama?

Done this last week through iiyama and seems they outsource it to repairtech. So far, not impressed:

- took them like 3-4 weeks to get back to my ticket raised (I pretty much said it just needs a firmware update)
- DPD picked it up and was next day delivery, so should have arrived on Saturday
- no notification to say it had arrived so I followed up with them on Tuesday there to confirm it did arrive and they said yes and that I'll be notified as soon as it goes to an engineer

Today, still waiting for notification.....

Seems very poor and slow given all they need to do is a firmware update.

Just hope it comes back in the same condition I sent it i.e. very little backlight bleed and no dead/stuck pixels....

Associate
Done this last week through iiyama and seems they outsource it to repairtech. So far, not impressed:

- took them like 3-4 weeks to get back to my ticket raised (I pretty much said it just needs a firmware update)
- DPD picked it up and was next day delivery, so should have arrived on Saturday
- no notification to say it had arrived so I followed up with them on Tuesday there to confirm it did arrive and they said yes and that I'll be notified as soon as it goes to an engineer

Today, still waiting for notification.....

Seems very poor and slow given all they need to do is a firmware update.

Just hope it comes back in the same condition I sent it i.e. very little backlight bleed and no dead/stuck pixels....

I think you've been unlucky unfortunately. I had a pretty positive experience with sending my monitor in for a firmware update. I received an RMA number and courier details within a few days of initial contact, then sent it and it arrived on the Thursday. I had updates through the entire process via email and it was posted back out to me on Friday evening. However I did contact the company separately to confirm I was keeping the same panel (as it was a good one). Maybe that helped.

I had to wait until Monday as I don't recall it being sent by weekend delivery, but I can't fault the service I received.

This was one of the early batches of the monitor though, perhaps they simply had less work at the time, or less covid problems.

To reassure you, my panel arrived in exactly the same condition as I sent it, including the RGB strip stuck to the back for backlighting that I had forgotten to take off before I posted it out. :D

Correction, I didn't have a notification of them accepting delivery, I just used DPD to see it had been delivered.

What I did get was an email saying it had been received, then 2 minutes later another email saying it was going through "initial diagnostics". So someone picked the box up to start and updated the system. Once things start moving it'll be done quickly.

Caporegime
OP
Got it back the other day.

Thankfully in the exact same state as it was sent in so no dead pixels, minimal backlight bleed.

And the half screen wake up issue/bottom part being stuck is fixed with the firmware flash.

Also, the pixel response time seems better, especially at 0 and +1 settings.

Really is fantastic monitor this for the price.

Associate
I have this monitor. Got is about 2 weeks ago.

I cannot fault it no dead pixels no issues whatsoever. Looks great to slim bezel and none of the gaming “go faster stripes” the gaming monitors have these days.

Associate
I've had this monitor since July 2020 and so far it's been really good. About a week ago I noticed the brightness keeps flickering, really annoying. I have not changed any settings, is this possibly been introduced in an NVIDIA driver or the panel on the way out?

Soldato
I've had this monitor since July 2020 and so far it's been really good. About a week ago I noticed the brightness keeps flickering, really annoying. I have not changed any settings, is this possibly been introduced in an NVIDIA driver or the panel on the way out?

Have you checked the cable?

Associate
i've got one of these screens and had a year of faultless use from it until it developed a fault with a row of pixels. It was still under warranty with iiyama so i filled out the RMA form and was contacted to arrange an on site swap with no questions asked. Second screen turned up and stopped powering on after three days, again an on site swap was arranged for this panel. Third screen turned up with only the panel in the box, no power cable and no stand! This was clearly a customer return that hadn't been checked correctly before sending back out. Have contacted iiyama and they are sending me out a brand new screen tomorrow.

I was very happy with the customer service recieved from iiyama (repairtech) but its wearing a bit thin now having to wait for my 4th panel.

Associate
I'm about to have my second replacement tomorrow. The first replacement had a bunch of dead pixels and some kind of dirtying behind the actual screen. Hopefully the second replacement does the job. My original replacement turned up with OCUK tape on the box still keeping it together so it clearly hadn't been looked at.

Man of Honour
Hi,

I got this monitor the other day. I was, of course, attracted to its size, refresh rate, and 100% RGB which I need for photo editing.. but... I have noticed there is no custom Colour Temperature setting (k).. only Warm, Normal and Cool.. all three look rubbish.. Normal shows a dull tint on the whites.

This is actually quite frustrating as like my whites on the screen to look white, not like they have been through a bad wash.

Any tips?

Also, how can I tell what the current firmware version is?

Thanks

Associate
Hi,

I got this monitor the other day. I was, of course, attracted to its size, refresh rate, and 100% RGB which I need for photo editing.. but... I have noticed there is no custom Colour Temperature setting (k).. only Warm, Normal and Cool.. all three look rubbish.. Normal shows a dull tint on the whites.

This is actually quite frustrating as like my whites on the screen to look white, not like they have been through a bad wash.

Any tips?

Also, how can I tell what the current firmware version is?

Thanks
That's strange, user colour is available to me via the Colour menu - wondering if something else you have set is disabling it, e.g. HDR? I am using R98 G96 B100, that has not been hardware calibrated but appears good to my eyes.

No idea on how to check firmware version though.

Man of Honour
That's strange, user colour is available to me via the Colour menu - wondering if something else you have set is disabling it, e.g. HDR? I am using R98 G96 B100, that has not been hardware calibrated but appears good to my eyes.

No idea on how to check firmware version though.
Hmm you can't specify absolute settings settings.

Has anyone else noticed on this monitor that the greys look slightly greenish, and how i correct this? I've played around with the colour settings.. not much luck.

Associate
Hmm you can't specify absolute settings settings.

Has anyone else noticed on this monitor that the greys look slightly greenish, and how i correct this? I've played around with the colour settings.. not much luck.
I'm not sure I follow on absolute settings, do you mean a specific colour temp value? If you're referring to colour adjustments then I guess we must have different monitor revisions or firmware as this is certainly adjustable on mine. For reference my model is just over 2 years old.

My greys appear fine, but only after having made the RGB adjustments mentioned previously, else it did look a little green/yellow.

Back
Top Bottom