Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Hi guys,

the monitor was delivered today (its my first one and not a replaced one) and it has apparently the new firmware version (I have the new logo with Freesync Premium + Display HDR logo).

I am using a RTX2080 with Gsync@144 Hz. Further, using the cable which was delivered by iiyama.

I still have flickering issues, I tried FS2020 so far. Especially with cloudy, grey weather, you can see the monitor flickering heavily.

See here:

The flickering is especially visible when looking at the cascaded "black" window in the OSD

When turning off Freesync, the flickering immediately disappears.

Now I am bit confused, I thought that the new Firmware has solved the flickering issue. Also setting the display to 100 HZ does not reduce the flickering.

Any tips except changing the cable?

Associate
Outch... that is why i start thinking those not expensive monitors are far from being perfect... you get a good price but you get problems with it too.

After having checked all monitors uw 34 around 500$ I am now going towards LG nano ips GN series.

Associate
Outch... that is why i start thinking those not expensive monitors are far from being perfect... you get a good price but you get problems with it too.

After having checked all monitors uw 34 around 500$ I am now going towards LG nano ips GN series.
Yeah you know, price was not an issue for me between the 34gn850 and the iiyama. I wanted a VA panel since good blacks are most important to me. But flickering blacks, no thanks.

LRT

LRT

Associate

In fairness neither Freesync's nor Gsync's implementation is truly reliable. We've seen it many times, different monitors, different GPUs, different drivers, different games deliver inconsistent Free/G sync experience. There's nothing like consistency! You'd think a reliable design and testing process should be developed by AMD and Nvidia together with monitors' manufacturers to mitigate against such a
ubiquitous issue like brightness flickering. Anyway, yeah I'd agree for a higher price I'd expect no issues whatsoever, but would argue that unfortunately that's not the case and flickering has been seen in a higher price range too.

Associate
Very interested in seeing if others are still having flickering with the new firmware. Only thing holding me off making the order...

Associate
If it's a cluster it should be covered under the warranty iirc. Might be worth seeing if you can get a swap-at-the-door kinda deal so you're not without it.

Soldato
Looks worse in that pic, considering the size of the screen and i can't see any others it doesn't really annoy me very much.

I think if there is no flickering and i like it for gaming i will probably keep it, not tried games yet but running with the club3d cable set to dp1.4, will report back later.

Associate
Really hope it works out. I have a preorder on the LG 35WN73A on Amazon, but they never received stock after the release date so it's stuck in limbo. It seems like such a good deal that I don't want to cancel but I've been so tempted to jump on a few others, this iiyama being one of them

Soldato
What do you think of the VA panel quality Khemist? Is there any noticeable smearing?
I bloody hate monitor shopping its a minefield.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom