Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Soldato
What do you think of the VA panel quality Khemist? Is there any noticeable smearing?
I bloody hate monitor shopping its a minefield.

Just played some BF1 with overdrive on +2 and forgot it wasn't a TN panel i was using anymore, seems great for gaming.

I will always notice the dead pixel or two if i look for them on a light coloured screen but i would never notice them watching media or gaming, think i will keep it.

My eyes are sensitive to brightness, i have mine set to 50 and it's still a bit much.

Soldato
Just played some BF1 with overdrive on +2 and forgot it wasn't a TN panel i was using anymore, seems great for gaming.

I will always notice the dead pixel or two if i look for them on a light coloured screen but i would never notice them watching media or gaming, think i will keep it.

My eyes are sensitive to brightness, i have mine set to 50 and it's still a bit much.

Oh thats good, I think I might get one.

Associate
Hi guys,

the monitor was delivered today (its my first one and not a replaced one) and it has apparently the new firmware version (I have the new logo with Freesync Premium + Display HDR logo).

I am using a RTX2080 with Gsync@144 Hz. Further, using the cable which was delivered by iiyama.

I still have flickering issues, I tried FS2020 so far. Especially with cloudy, grey weather, you can see the monitor flickering heavily.

See here:

The flickering is especially visible when looking at the cascaded "black" window in the OSD

When turning off Freesync, the flickering immediately disappears.

Now I am bit confused, I thought that the new Firmware has solved the flickering issue. Also setting the display to 100 HZ does not reduce the flickering.

Any tips except changing the cable?

Are you running AMD processor??
For me it helped to uninstall drivers of gpu and chipset.

When re-installing first do GPU and the Chipset...
I have both AMD so idk if it helps with Nvidia / intel

Associate
Are you running AMD processor??
For me it helped to uninstall drivers of gpu and chipset.

When re-installing first do GPU and the Chipset...
I have both AMD so idk if it helps with Nvidia / intel
I am using a AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU (RTX2080).

----

I do not understand why I have flickering issues despite the new FW. I tried Crusader Kings 3 yesterday and it also has flickering issues.

And also the trick with reducing the frequency to 100 does not help, I still have flickering. Am I correct in my assumption that the trick with reducing to 100 helped with the flickering problem BEFORE the firmware update?

Associate
I am using a AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU (RTX2080).

----

I do not understand why I have flickering issues despite the new FW. I tried Crusader Kings 3 yesterday and it also has flickering issues.

And also the trick with reducing the frequency to 100 does not help, I still have flickering. Am I correct in my assumption that the trick with reducing to 100 helped with the flickering problem BEFORE the firmware update?

Yes beneath 144 it was not flickering. Just with 144 and freesync.

Associate
Iiyama have recieved my monitor for firmware update but have informed me the screen is cracked...It wasnt when it left me (ive provided pics) and apparently they accept no responsibility for damage incurred in transit. So potentially instead of returning to the retailer for flickering and trying to get it fixed, has cost me the whole cost of the monitor...will post when i have an outcome

Associate
Sorry to read this... that is really a shame with this firmware problem. If they sold it directly with the correct one, never of this would have occured.
I will not buy this monitor.

LRT

LRT

Associate
Iiyama have recieved my monitor for firmware update but have informed me the screen is cracked...It wasnt when it left me (ive provided pics) and apparently they accept no responsibility for damage incurred in transit. So potentially instead of returning to the retailer for flickering and trying to get it fixed, has cost me the whole cost of the monitor...will post when i have an outcome
Who was responsible for the transit? DPD? Whoever it was they should take the responsibility.

Associate
Who was responsible for the transit? DPD? Whoever it was they should take the responsibility.

yeah DPD arranged by them, as i say i dont have an outcome yet apart from a phone rep telling me its not on them

edit: just got a response simply saying 'we will repair your screen'

so fingers crossed im not out of pocket, have asked for more details

Associate
Iiyama haven't emailed me back about which retailers have stock of updated firmware, and ideally I need to order today. I had an order with OC but had to cancel for a refund as the order was sitting unprocessed for over a week, despite it being listed as in stock when I bought.

I might just take a gamble on an order with someone and hope I'm lucky with the firmware.

EDIT: Overclockers now listing 10+ in stock... wahoo. @Gibbo I don't suppose there is a way to confirm if it is the updated firmware?

EDIT2: I've sent a pre-sales enquiry through the form so fingers crossed

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, I ordered from Overclockers yesterday afternoon. Monitor arrived today with new firmware installed.
I did get a weird checksum error on first power up, but after connecting a source it disappeared and hasn’t appeared since.
Really pleased with it. Only negative is the screws to attach the stand to the monitor are a bit soft. Be careful.

Associate
Guys, if you have a 1080ti or other nvidia video card, can you tell if ypu have problems in games with all the problems listed above that had to disappear with this firmware ?
Can you make small reviews on youtube with games running ? And settings you choose ? Thx

Associate
Update: I tested today the Club 3D Vesa certified DP 1.4 cable.

The flickering problem still exists. All 3 persons I asked for a review could see the flickering. But they all mentioned that the flickering was a bit less with the Club3D DP 1.4 cable. (I have not mentioned which cable was the original and which the Club3D one) I see it similarly, that the Club3D improved the flickering a bit.

Summarized:

• The new firmware does not help with flickering at all
  • Reducing the frequency to 140/120/100 does not prohibit the flickering
  • Club3D cable slightly reduces the flickering but not does stop it
  • I do not understand the people who say that the flickering problem has gone with the new firmware. Is it something device specific on my end?

I will send back the iiyama and order the 34GN850. Allthough I wanted a VN panel due to rich blacks :( Now have to deal with BLB :( and poor blacks.

LRT

LRT

Associate
Update: I tested today the Club 3D Vesa certified DP 1.4 cable.

The flickering problem still exists. All 3 persons I asked for a review could see the flickering. But they all mentioned that the flickering was a bit less with the Club3D DP 1.4 cable. (I have not mentioned which cable was the original and which the Club3D one) I see it similarly, that the Club3D improved the flickering a bit.

Summarized:

• The new firmware does not help with flickering at all
  • Reducing the frequency to 140/120/100 does not prohibit the flickering
  • Club3D cable slightly reduces the flickering but not does stop it
  • I do not understand the people who say that the flickering problem has gone with the new firmware. Is it something device specific on my end?

I will send back the iiyama and order the 34GN850. Allthough I wanted a VN panel due to rich blacks :( Now have to deal with BLB :( and poor blacks.
Yeah if it doesn't work then I wouldn't bother and would just go for RMA. Just a few questions:
Which GPU do you use?
With which GPU driver version did you perform the test?
Did you see flickering all the time (even when just looking at the desktop, scrolling text, opening different window panels) or only when playing games?
What games have you tested?

Ta

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah if it doesn't work then I wouldn't bother and would just go for RMA. Just a few questions:
Which GPU?
Which GPU driver version?
Did you see flickering all the time (even when just looking at the desktop) or only when playing games?
What games have you tested?

Ta
  • RTX2080
  • Newest driver via Geforce Experience (version from12.08.2020)
  • I saw flickering when gaming and on dark/greyish backgrounds. Independent of the FPS. I had flickering with 30/60/100/120/140 fps and Hertz.
  • Crusader Kings 3 and Flight Sim 2020

Back
Top Bottom