Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Freesync is on. It stops when I turn it off. Played a little bit with display/game settings last night couldn't make it stop as long as freesync was on.

Not every games has problems though. Tried the new Avengers game as well and that seemed to run fine, while the bioshock remaster did have flicker.

Associate
GPU is the 5700 XT. The display is connected using a vesa certified 1.4 dp cable, but I tried other cables that I had lying around as well all with similar results. At first I though changing the freesync range to 48 - 143 fixed it but that just disabled freesync. When I changed freesync range to 48 - 143 AND the max refresh to 143 freesync was still working but it started flickering. Didn't try other refresh rates yet.

Edit: Used the latest drivers (20.8.3) and did a clean install with ddu.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone used a PS4 with this monitor yet? I have one connected but the only options I can see from the OSD is to either stretch out the 16:9 image to fill the full screen, dot-for-dot representation so that there's a black bar on all 4 sides or this weird 4:3 resolution - also, all of these options can only be picked with Freesync off on the OSD which is a pain. The last ultrawide I used had an option to just fill out the 1080p output to a 16:9 ration on the monitor so there was only black bars on the left and right side, anyone know if that can be done here?

Associate
I've tested a few games now. Assassin's Creed Oddysey, Assetto Corza Competizione, Kingdom Come, Ori and the Will of the Wisps. No sign of flickering in those games, but it's pretty bad in the Assetto Corsa content manager menus.

I'm going to keep the monitor and live with it, if it's only an issue in a very small number of scenarios. The only risk is that what's to say it won't present in a high profile game in the future? It's a lovely monitor otherwise.

Associate
Flickering in the Assetto Corsa content manager menus, the original game not Competizione. Haven't noticed it while racing, but the black menus flicker pretty badly while freesync is turned on.

I have a GTX 1070.

Soldato
@iiyama UK Thanks for the update and being so honest. The service is really good!

Like others, i have the updated firmware from the new batch of monitors purchased ont he 26th August and its fine however it some games i still get flickering in the loading screens or in menu's. Project cars 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Wasteland 3 all flicker at different rates when freesync is on. Changing the frequency for me helped abit and switching to a dp 1.4 cable helped even more but the problem still persists. I have disabled freesync for now until another possible firmware fix is available.

GPU: 2080 but soon to be 3080 which will be interesting...

Back
Top Bottom