Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
oh, sorry, I ment frewig who has RX 5700 :)
Anyway does changing V-Sync in game change anything? Also doesn't nVidia has also some special kind of VSync (I don't remember the name now).
I found that some games need to have VSync turned ON even with FreeSync to have smooth gameplay...

Associate
I've tested a few games now. Assassin's Creed Oddysey, Assetto Corza Competizione, Kingdom Come, Ori and the Will of the Wisps. No sign of flickering in those games, but it's pretty bad in the Assetto Corsa content manager menus.

I'm going to keep the monitor and live with it, if it's only an issue in a very small number of scenarios. The only risk is that what's to say it won't present in a high profile game in the future? It's a lovely monitor otherwise.

I also have the problems in the Content Manager of Assetto Corsa with the new firmware and my GTX1080. Otherwise I did not notice anything else :)

Associate
oh, sorry, I ment frewig who has RX 5700 :)
Anyway does changing V-Sync in game change anything? Also doesn't nVidia has also some special kind of VSync (I don't remember the name now).
I found that some games need to have VSync turned ON even with FreeSync to have smooth gameplay...

I tried a variety of settings. Vsync on/off, enhanced on/off,, gpu scaling on/off, 10 bit color, 8 bit color, sharpening on/off etc, anti lag on/off etc. The flickering stayed the same. That beeing said. I've got a new unit, which came with the new firmware already on it and this one seems to be much better. Some minor flicker on loading screens so far but nothing too distracting. Don't know if it is just placebo or really better. I will try some more games and report back.

Soldato
I tried a variety of settings. Vsync on/off, enhanced on/off,, gpu scaling on/off, 10 bit color, 8 bit color, sharpening on/off etc, anti lag on/off etc. The flickering stayed the same. That beeing said. I've got a new unit, which came with the new firmware already on it and this one seems to be much better. Some minor flicker on loading screens so far but nothing too distracting. Don't know if it is just placebo or really better. I will try some more games and report back.
As LRT mentioned before, i think some of this maybe down to drivers as well as i experienced issues on the latest nvidia drivers but when reverting back to older drivers the problem goes away. Keep that in mind

Associate
Yes driver may play a part in this as well. Anyway I played around a bit more and only got some minor flickering in some loading screens and menues, which I think is normal and this is definitely good enough for me to keep the monitor now.

Soldato
Yes driver may play a part in this as well. Anyway I played around a bit more and only got some minor flickering in some loading screens and menues, which I think is normal and this is definitely good enough for me to keep the monitor now.
Out of interest what settings did you play around with?

Associate
My bad. I just tested some more games with the "new" monitor. Currently I have enhanced sync and image sharpening enabled in radeon settings. I also did a clean reinstall of Windows, but only did so after my first round of testing with the new unit. Now e.g. I get some flicker during the loading screen in Anno 1800, but not ingame anymore (using the exact same savegame as before). All in all I can't really say if it was a hardware or software related problem in the end.

LRT

LRT

Associate
My bad. I just tested some more games with the "new" monitor. Currently I have enhanced sync and image sharpening enabled in radeon settings. I also did a clean reinstall of Windows, but only did so after my first round of testing with the new unit. Now e.g. I get some flicker during the loading screen in Anno 1800, but not ingame anymore (using the exact same savegame as before). All in all I can't really say if it was a hardware or software related problem in the end.
With Anno 1800, how many FPS on average does your GPU generate? While playing the game press Alt-R to invoke Radeon Software panel, Performance tab -> Metric Overlay. I can see some flickering in Anno 1800 with average 56 FPS, pretty close to the LFC range but still above the minimum.

Associate
Around 45-50 and it does indeed flicker when dropping in and out of the lfc range, but it doesn't flicker all the time. Not that I can see anyway.

Associate
Are the flicker issues with freesync still present and not getting better?
I was going to grab a G9, but think i may just grab the curved iiyama instead. I've got a 2070 right now, but I'll probably go big navi. Are people still recommending this monitor?

Associate
I'm looking for an affordable curved ultrawide and this seems one of the best for the price.

Does it suffer with smearing/ghosting? I'm still rocking my old BenQ XL2411t so this should be a nice upgrade.

Associate
Are the flicker issues with freesync still present and not getting better?
I was going to grab a G9, but think i may just grab the curved iiyama instead. I've got a 2070 right now, but I'll probably go big navi. Are people still recommending this monitor?

For me flickering after the Update (and another monitor) mostly was present in menues/loading screens and when dropping in/out the freesync range. Maybe if you decide to buy it, buy it from somewhere with a good return policy to try it out for yourself.

I'm looking for an affordable curved ultrawide and this seems one of the best for the price.

Does it suffer with smearing/ghosting? I'm still rocking my old BenQ XL2411t so this should be a nice upgrade.

There is some smearing/ghosting on some transitions like with most VA panels, but that is probably something you have to check out for yourself to see if it bothers you.

Soldato
Viewed this monitor. Still has the smearing/ghosting associated with VA panels. Seems even more prominent because its ultrawide to me. I've seen 32 inch 16.9 VA panels that have less noticeable smearing than these. I'd advise IPS in ultrawide and hope it doesn't have too much ips glow.

Associate
Received this monitor this afternoon, and whilst I am pretty impressed, I cant for the life of me figure out why the entire Colour setting sub-menu on the OSD is greyed out for me?

Also, 1 dead pixel, and some flickering occasionally but not that often... Box was open when I received it too. Purchased from Overclockers themselves no less!

LRT

LRT

Associate
Received this monitor this afternoon, and whilst I am pretty impressed, I cant for the life of me figure out why the entire Colour setting sub-menu on the OSD is greyed out for me?

Also, 1 dead pixel, and some flickering occasionally but not that often... Box was open when I received it too. Purchased from Overclockers themselves no less!
Could it be you have the I-Style colour setting enabled? OSD joystick to left and set I-Style colour to OFF.

Associate
Could it be you have the I-Style colour setting enabled? OSD joystick to left and set I-Style colour to OFF.

If i push the joystick to the left, nothing happens. I know that button works as I can use it in other menus, and i can hold it for 5s to lock the OSD. but theres no quick menu for I-style like there is for the inputs or volume

Associate
Not sure what I did but I've managed to get the colour setting menu enabled now. However I'm still unable to use freesync/g-sync without major flickering, and even setting 144Hz without G/freesync enabled results in occasional bands of what looks like white static flickering on the screen itself.
Spend 10 minutes on the phone to OCUK trying to talk to them but unable to get through. I've tried manually setting 141Hz using Nvidia control panel and still no improvement on flickering!

Associate
I also bought this monitor.
Pros:
Nice colors (I'm pretty impressed because I was afraid, that VA will not have good color compared to IPS)
Nice contrast

Cons:
Very noticable smearing, I must have OverDrive to off. Also noticable in e.g. animated films when camera moves (the video is "jumping"). Slightly fixed with AviSynth ConvertFPS(144.0)
Motion blur redduction doesn't work with FreeSync

I didn't noticed yet some big flickerring, but I tried just Witcher 3, Overwatch and The Cycle. I saw i little in 3Dmark loading screen, but not in the test.
I saw some light glow when monitor was full black and in dark room. But it's not noticable when there is at least some light.

Back
Top Bottom