Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Many thanks to all the contributors on this post, all the information helped me purchase this monitor & establish that the updated firmware has been applied.

No Flickering! On any game or loading screen.

I've had the monitor for a couple of weeks now and I'm struggling with a couple of things:

1. White text on black backgrounds seems to change to yellow'ish when scrolling or moving windows about?
2. Windows 10 HDR switched on seems worse, with the monitor HDR set to auto/on?

Cheers, Chris.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey Chris, glad to see you are loving the monitor! Whats your setup and monitor setting if you dont mind me asking? what cable are you using? I unfortunately am experiencing the odd flicker or flash and it'd be really helpful to help me narrow it down and solve it!

Associate
Hey Chris, glad to see you are loving the monitor! Whats your setup and monitor setting if you dont mind me asking? what cable are you using? I unfortunately am experiencing the odd flicker or flash and it'd be really helpful to help me narrow it down and solve it!

Hi,
my hardware specs are:
[email protected]
Gigabyte RTX2070
Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4@3200MHz
Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve
Corsair H150i PRO 360

Using a DisplayPort cable (they are all the same)

Monitor settings:

Overdrive-Off
HDR-On
Freesync-On
144 Htz
V-Sync set to off in games

HTH, Cheers, Chris.

Associate
Im a similar setup (2070, Displayport cable) but even using your settings I will get a bright white band flicker, even on the desktop. Sometimes it accompanied by an actual noise being made by the monitor! Quite worrying really.

Associate
Yeah, I've just sent OCUK an email. Real shame as I bought this as I couldnt get ahold of a G9 and I didn't trust the QC issues they have been having, only for iiyama to be worse!

Associate
Thanks for the detailed information in this thread.
I´m using a Xiaomi Mi Surface 34 inch Monitor and it seems to share the Panel with the Iiyama.
https://www.mi.com/global/monitor34/

The Mi Gaming Monitor worked like a charm for about a week, but suddenly the infamous freesync flickering appeared and it was really bad in games like World of Warcraft.
I use it together with a GTX 1080Ti.
What really helped me with the flickering issue, was the recomendation here from this thread to use the older Geforce Driver Version 451.48. I uninstalled the former driver with the DDU tool.
Now the flickering is nearly completely gone. I will test if an other DP 1.4 cable can reduce the flickering even more.

Associate
Hi Guys,

just turned my monitor on this morning and this happened, the clicking noise btw was coming from the monitor (static noise)

Bit worried.

Turned it off and on again and all seems well.

Associate
Thought I’d share an update on my monitor that broke in transit to firmware upgrade, Iiyama have told me it’s not economical to repair it, so I’ll get a full new monitor.

The issue, after 2 weeks of chasing they can’t tell me if or when new stock will arrive, so I have literally no idea when I’ll get a monitor back. 100% send it back to your retailer and not iiyama as this has been a nightmare trying to work from home with no monitor or timeline provided!

Associate
Hi. Guys

On my monitor white text on black backgrounds change its colour (text) to yellow (yellowish) when scrolling or moving windows about. My monitor have newest software. Anyone found a solution for it or just RMA it? Thx

Associate
@JaiBee I had the same issue on firts unit, but it was even worse. Its stoped when I changed DP port on my 1080. I RMA it anyway. On second unit problem presist but it looks similar to your, on second DP port work OK.

With FS/GS on, in WOW with ELVUI when open map right side of screen flicker.

Now I am waiting on 3rd unit, and I think it will have the same "bugs" and force me to ask for refund.

Associate
Will try different dp port when I will be back from work. If that will not help I will rma it and ask for refund.
Thx.

Associate
Hi. Guys

On my monitor white text on black backgrounds change its colour (text) to yellow (yellowish) when scrolling or moving windows about. My monitor have newest software. Anyone found a solution for it or just RMA it? Thx

Mine too, I've tried both DP's but I'm still getting the white to yellow when scrolling or moving windows.

Associate
Setting overdrive to +2 (monitor osd) and contrast to 75 helped with yellowish white text on black background when scrolling. My old monitor had ips panel and ghosting was not as noticeable on that panel.
Is that kind of ghosting normal on VA panels? Are you guys having it as well on that monitor?
thx

Associate
Yeap, yellowish text is same on mine. Overdrive +2 cause big ghosting in my case when scrolling.
VA panels are overal more sensitive to ghosting then IPS...

Associate
@JaiBee I had the same issue on firts unit, but it was even worse. Its stoped when I changed DP port on my 1080. I RMA it anyway. On second unit problem presist but it looks similar to your, on second DP port work OK.

With FS/GS on, in WOW with ELVUI when open map right side of screen flicker.

Now I am waiting on 3rd unit, and I think it will have the same "bugs" and force me to ask for refund.
Ah okay thanks, what do you think youll get instead? not sure if to return to a 16:9 as no other UW are close in price

Associate
This is very strange,how can some people still report flickering (some more some less) and some no flickering with the new firmware?
so what is the conclusion?
Is this monitor recommended with new firmware or does it still have flickering problem at high refresh rate?

Associate
I am so close to buying this monitor, but the issues are worrying me a bit. What is the general consensus on whether new batches will have the firmware pre installed? Overclockers are now out of stock of this monitor so I am hoping the new stock will have it pre installed.

Associate
The new firmware has been included in batches sold for a while now, included at Overclockers (mine was from here, and includes new firmware). But it doesn't fix the issue. I'm still seeing flickering in some game menus, which is starting to annoy me more and more. I'm not sure what my rights are for returns, I've had it a good while at this point.

I don't think there's any getting away from this flickering. It is affecting every monitor sold with this panel it seems.

Back
Top Bottom