Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Tried out the Kabeldirect VESA DP1.4 cable. Flickering remains in TW:WH2, noticeable on light backgrounds at <50fps.
Few dead pixels as well ... back to the Dell it is sadly

Associate
I have just received mine and looks amazing. One issue is that i cannot see all the menu options, including picture in picture. I have work laptop plugged in via HDMI and gaming PC plugged in via DP

do i have to enable these - can anyone please help?

Soldato
Tried out the Kabeldirect VESA DP1.4 cable. Flickering remains in TW:WH2, noticeable on light backgrounds at <50fps.
Few dead pixels as well ... back to the Dell it is sadly
Tried the same cable as you today and still no better. Had some flickering in ESO but WoW looked great. Surfing the web was the worst thing for me, ghosting of text especially when scrolling and colours looking very dark on some sites, even using the OCUK forums was a pain. Hooked my Dell S2716DG back up and all looking great again. Perhaps I just got a bad one but not willing to try again so sending it back.

Associate
In relation to my above post here is the first menu option, with most of the options blanked out - i cant get a screenshot to embed on my ipad but on the picture adjust menu i can only change overdrive, black tuner and color saturation

Associate
Received this monitor this afternoon, and whilst I am pretty impressed, I cant for the life of me figure out why the entire Colour setting sub-menu on the OSD is greyed out for me?

Also, 1 dead pixel, and some flickering occasionally but not that often... Box was open when I received it too. Purchased from Overclockers themselves no less!

did you ever work out why some menu options were greyed out for you? I’m having this issue now

Associate
did you ever work out why some menu options were greyed out for you? I’m having this issue now
Some features on the monitor can only be used on their own or with other settings off, so they get disabled.
Having HDR on or auto will disable most of the picture settings and the colour settings. Similarly using any I-Colour mode will disable all the picture settings.
Enabling Freesync will disable the Picture Mode settings (PBP/PIP).
MBR being on will also disable some picture settings, As will enabling HDR or Freesync.
Using Overdrive will disable Direct Drive, while using Direct Drive will disable most other features - HDR, Freesync, Overdrive, MBR, basically anything except colour and brightness settings.

Last edited:
Associate
Some features on the monitor can only be used on their own or with other settings off, so they get disabled.
Having HDR on or auto will disable most of the picture settings and the colour settings. Similarly using any I-Colour mode will disable all the picture settings.
Enabling Freesync will disable the Picture Mode settings (PBP/PIP).
MBR being on will also disable some picture settings, As will enabling HDR or Freesync.
Using Overdrive will disable Direct Drive, while using Direct Drive will disable most other features - HDR, Freesync, Overdrive, MBR, basically anything except colour and brightness settings.

thanks - this worked a treat

Associate
Hi guys, I found this monitor brand new for 450€, what do you think? After months of usage, do you recommend it? I know about the flickering issue (hope that's not going to be a problem), but other than that you have any important dealbreakers that can let me go look somewhere else for that pricepoint (even used)?
Thank you

Associate
Anyone have a problem where every so often the monitor just goes black and then comes back again? Not sure if it’s my laptop of course but I have a feeling it’s the monitor...

Associate
Hi guys, I found this monitor brand new for 450€, what do you think? After months of usage, do you recommend it? I know about the flickering issue (hope that's not going to be a problem), but other than that you have any important dealbreakers that can let me go look somewhere else for that pricepoint (even used)?
Thank you

I got the flat IPS version of this monitor. While I do recommend it, I'd suggest, if that's a possibility for you, to have it checked in the store. I've heard of people having to return theirs 5+ times

Soldato
For all those following this thread - be sure to set overdrive to +2 - it really lets the monitor shine and show off what it can do.
Just to expand on this, I've been messing around with overdrive settings and +2 looks horrible to me:confused:
Can definitely notice heavier black smearing in games, +1 is maybe manageable but I will probably stick to 0 for now.

Caporegime
Just to expand on this, I've been messing around with overdrive settings and +2 looks horrible to me:confused:
Can definitely notice heavier black smearing in games, +1 is maybe manageable but I will probably stick to 0 for now.
That's really odd.

More aggressive overdrive settings should reduce dark-level smearing, at the cost of some "haloing" or overshoot.

Getting more black smearing with more aggressive overdrive is pretty much the opposite of what you should be seeing :p

It should be noted that that on some VA panels the dark level smearing is still really bad even at the highest overdrive setting. You might just not be seeing the level of improvement you expected...

Soldato
That's really odd.

More aggressive overdrive settings should reduce dark-level smearing, at the cost of some "haloing" or overshoot.

Getting more black smearing with more aggressive overdrive is pretty much the opposite of what you should be seeing :p

It should be noted that that on some VA panels the dark level smearing is still really bad even at the highest overdrive setting. You might just not be seeing the level of improvement you expected...
+2 is definitely worse for me, didn't even need to use a test website to notice it. Noticed it straight away in games. I think it is overshoot but it does have a smearing effect to it, kind of like a shadow is always trailing everything.

Back
Top Bottom