Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
I must say that the flickering is really starting to ******* me off.
I started to play Cyberpunk 2077 and there is HEAVY flickering through whole gameplay (not only in menus or loading screens).
I also noticed flickering in League of Legend in gameplay.
I have RX5700 with latest vbios (2020-07) and VESA certified DP cable.
When I tried to monitor frametime I didn't saw any big spikes...

Associate
I must say that the flickering is really starting to ******* me off.
I started to play Cyberpunk 2077 and there is HEAVY flickering through whole gameplay (not only in menus or loading screens).
I also noticed flickering in League of Legend in gameplay.
I have RX5700 with latest vbios (2020-07) and VESA certified DP cable.
When I tried to monitor frametime I didn't saw any big spikes...

That sucks, was wondering whether it's a gsync compatible issue with Nvidia cards only but now you verified it's also a problem on AMD GPU's. :mad:

Associate
That sucks, was wondering whether it's a gsync compatible issue with Nvidia cards only but now you verified it's also a problem on AMD GPU's. :mad:

Well now it's even more weird.
i tried to dig deeper to problem. After using CapFrameX I found, that I really have frametime problems.
So I tried to make clean boot (disable all non MS services and all programs after startup).
Flickering is gone and frametime is very nice!
So I enabled everything back again, but everything is still OK.
I'm really confused...
I will report later if it will go back. Maybe it's some problem of the game when it run for some time?

Associate
What is coil whine?
Anyway the problem with flickering in CP77 was mainly caused by the game. It looks like after deleting Shader catch it's better now.
Still the main problem is in the display. I really doesn't get, why the display must use doubling of frequency in whole range. I mean e.g. 60FPS is doubled to 120Hz. I don't see any advantage in this, it only cause this idiotic flickering.
The problem can be solved easily if the display would use doubling only on frequencies under FreeSync range (<48FPS).

Associate
What is coil whine?
Anyway the problem with flickering in CP77 was mainly caused by the game. It looks like after deleting Shader catch it's better now.
Still the main problem is in the display. I really doesn't get, why the display must use doubling of frequency in whole range. I mean e.g. 60FPS is doubled to 120Hz. I don't see any advantage in this, it only cause this idiotic flickering.
The problem can be solved easily if the display would use doubling only on frequencies under FreeSync range (<48FPS).

A "whining" or squealing noise coming from the capacitors on the monitor.

Associate
Hmm I didn't notice something like this.
Only from my PSU/GPU :D
Also I think that the sound is from coils (as you wrote earlier) not capacitors.

Associate
Hey guys,
Thought id swing by with an update on my earlier post.
I contact Iiyama, explained the problem, and provided them a video.

Got an email 2 days later followed by a replacement monitor at my door another 2 days later.

So far it looks good and I've tested it out on a few games and situations.

Associate
Hey guys,
Thought id swing by with an update on my earlier post.
I contact Iiyama, explained the problem, and provided them a video.

Got an email 2 days later followed by a replacement monitor at my door another 2 days later.

So far it looks good and I've tested it out on a few games and situations.

Interesting. Let as know if it's really fixed after more testing.
BTW they shipped you new monitor and the old one was taken by the courier who delivered the new one?
Shame that Iiyama doesn't have anywhere in menu firmware version :/

Associate
Interesting. Let as know if it's really fixed after more testing.
BTW they shipped you new monitor and the old one was taken by the courier who delivered the new one?
Shame that Iiyama doesn't have anywhere in menu firmware version :/

I will indeed circle back if the issue re-appears and yes, they sent a replacement with the courier and he took away the faulty one.

Associate
I will indeed circle back if the issue re-appears and yes, they sent a replacement with the courier and he took away the faulty one.

I thought they already did this for the owners of earlier batches including retail stock and all should be fine for newly sold ones. Just ordered an "open box" stock from a competitor under £400 fingers crossed.

Associate
Well I bought one on beginning but already with new firmware and I have flickering. In some games a lot...
E.g. this last game Unravel Two
eYH7kq.jpg

Associate
Yeah my original had the new firmware.
At least what I could determine from pictures of the old vs new splash screen.

I guess its a panel lottery.
The one I got as a replacement has been solid since I got it. Not one flicker.

Associate
Not necessary. I also had flickering on desktop and then I found, that FPS was somehow crippled (low and jumping).
The same with game, the panel is very sensitive to frametime changes :/

Associate
I had random flickering, new DP cable from Iiyama sorted it for me - if that helps. Just message them sent it out really quickly. :)

Back
Top Bottom