Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Hi guys,

I bought this monitor last week and I am impressed with the amazing colors. I am using the provided DP cable on a Radeon 5700. However, I am having problems setting Freesync on; I set it using the display menu but the Radeon Software states AMD Freesync is not supported!

BTW I haven't seen any drivers/color profiles for the monitor on the IIyama website so the drivers in windows are generic PNP monitor!

EDIT: freesync fixed. Very confusing menu, i thought I was enabling freesync in it but I was pressing the wrong option apparently! That is for me the worst thing about this monitor, the menu and how it works!

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all, I'll add my experience here. I have an Acer z35p gsync screen (120Hz mode worked great for me). I need a new one for my home rig, so i ordered this iiyama gb3466wqsu. Fire it up,
I had a problem with popping sounds from the speakers, some bad flickering and occasional blocks of distortion showing up on the screen. Argh! Reseated the cable both ends no joy. Thought I had a faulty board here.

I had already ordered a high quality DP 1.4 cable which arrived the next day.. that completely resolved the popping problem and screen distortion. The included cable reproduces the problem if I switch it back!

OK- so on the new cable. Now it looks really nice. maybe some light flicker, maybe psychosomatic. I Added freesync in the OSD menus, set gsync compat in the nvidia menus.. add the little tag for gsync active in the control panel. Test with Pendulum demo.

Ok cool, it works. I notice however that loading screens especially are really flickering. I did a fair bit of trawling these forums and elsewhere, and it sounds like this is something most noticed by guys with gsync screens! I tested on my 2 different PCs.. one with a 1080ti one with a brand new gigabyte 3080 OC.

Am I getting this roughly right.. freesync doesn't react as quickly to big changes in frame rate like when a loading screen is active, so you see more flicker as it adjusts up and down?

The other thing I noticed was frame rate differences on a 4k TV via HDMI vs 21:9.. Native 4k was getting *more* frames per second on same settings on cyberpunk than 3440x1440. That confuses me. Optimizations for the 4k aspect ratio? I also couldn't get DLSS to work as well on 21:9 as it did on 4k.. on the 4k I could turn on all 3 rtx toggles , set DLSS to max performance and it was beautiful. Low of 45 fps in crowded markets if I turned up all the fog/smoke settings.. 75-80 in most areas of the game. Dynamic light/shadows as well as reflections.

So for my own use case, it seems to be that the conclusion is to get a 4k resolution display, and probably realize that a little flicker comes with freesync and you're more likely to notice this if you are used to a gsync screen!

Last edited:
Associate
Bought one of these as a treat for myself just before Xmas. Really impressed at the price. Only place I've noticed flickering is true loading screen of total war Warhammer 2. Nothing in game so can love with it. The menu is a bit fiddly though.

If only I could find a graphics card to use the monitor to its potential.........

Associate
Can anyone tell me if G Sync works and how well with this monitor, plan on using it with a 3070? As I understand it, it should work due to the Adaptive sync tech.

Associate
Can anyone tell me if G Sync works and how well with this monitor, plan on using it with a 3070? As I understand it, it should work due to the Adaptive sync tech.

Works fine, I have a FE 3080 and use it no problem both Fullscreen and Windowed-FS. Though the windowed mode can be hit and miss but that is an Nvidia thing.

Associate
Hi all, so i just sent in my unit for ANOTHER firmware fix as it didnt support 16:9 for consoles, and AGAIN my unit has come back with a new fault / damage, this time i have these new stuck pixels in my screen...

DO NOT buy this screen as the after sales support is so bad, if you have issues, you are on your own.

This is my second unit after my frist was broken oin transit, now its been broken again and ive lost upward of 2 months without a screen and currently now again have a broken screen.

LGmr7jah.jpg

Associate
Hi everyone!
I just got this monitor today and ive read bit here, mostly regarding the flicker / firmware.
How can i check the firmware?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
I looks like I finally found a settings to get rid of the flickering! :)
First, in CRU set timing to "Exact" and 144Hz (Pixel clock will be slightly higher, but don't worry). This help too with "bug", that on some video-cards VRAM clock stick on max.
Then set FreeSync range to 140Hz.
In Remrant from the Ashes I don't have any flickering (this game was very sensitive to this and 100% reproducible) even in loading screens! I tested also Unravel 2, Sniper Elite 4 and Cyberpunk successfully.
I use RivaTuner to cap FPS to 138, but even on 144 I didn't see any tearing.
yxQ4vp.jpg

DjxUGu.jpg
yeah thx! I think you did it! My screen really always flickers, also bought that club 3D 1.4 cable... already have the 2nd firmware but it still flickers a lot... also at windows desktop. But with your settings it seems to have gone! I will have a look the next few days, but until now it seems pretty perfect!
Also having latest AMD GPU driver installed and using an RX6800.

thx!

so long

Associate
Could not take the flickering in mine so its going back which at first I thought was a shame. But has allowed me to get a proper HRD 1000 monitor and I could not be more pleased with it. Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason.

Back
Top Bottom