Iiyama Prolite X2472HD

Soldato
Hi,

I am in the market for a new ~24" monitor. My current Hyundai W240D (PVA panel) is suffering from a seemingly broken/fubar HDCP chip (the HDMI and DVI interfaces have started pixellating and sometimes the display drops out - works if I switch off and on again, sometimes, other times the display just doesn't show). It is out of warranty now so I have little option but to replace it as I need the digital connections (although analogue still works fine and the screen itself is perfectly fine). Unless it can be salvaged, I guess I have to buy a new one.

Wondered about getting a cheap but decent TN panel, going for one of the smaller IPS panels (which don't seem to have HDMI connections - highly annoying!!!) or picking up one of these LED *VA panels. Don't want to spend too much but would pay a fair whack if it was worth it.

I noticed the above monitor which seems to be a good bet. Anyone else heard much about it?

http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/news/iiyama-has-the-x-factor-/#read

Iiyama said:
iiyama springs into March with the arrival of their first LED backlit monitor featuring VA Panel technology; The ProLite X2472HD. This new 24” display offers excellent colour performance and amazing viewing angles combined with the Low Power LED Panel is an ideal choice for Universities, Corporate, Financial and Design markets.

Superb Black and White depiction and 24-bit ‘True Colour’ is featured on the X2472HD and with 3000:1 native contrast ratio this provides great performance in applications such as Photographic, Design and Web Design. The fast response, full HD 1920x1080 display, triple input connectivity of VGA, D-Sub and HDMI plus headphone socket completes this high specification display.

Compatibility across an wide range of applications, Windows® 7 compatible and using only 1W in Power Management mode make this new monitor a winner. As with all iiyama monitors this is fully Plug and Play, VESA DDC2B compliant and comes with 3 years ‘on-site’ Advance Exchange Warranty as standard

1 year extra warranty over the BenQ VA panelled 24" and also that BenQ doesn't appear to be wall mountable (a must!).

Will OcUK be stocking these? I'd certainly be interested in it, as I am sure many others would be.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm waiting for this monitor too, VA panels are meant to be better than TN panel (except for gaming perhaps) but perhaps not as good overall as IPS for colour. Though VA does have better blacks.

For the same price is the Viewsonic PC Pro labs winner. But I think that this VA panel with LED lighting will be better.

Its out end of March\early April.

Back
Top Bottom