IKEA Mattress

Soldato
Hi,

Going to IKEA in an hour to buy a new mattress, looking at the HÖVÅG as it seems a decent mid-range mattress from the advert.

Anyone here has an IKEA mattress? If so what are they like long-term?

Ta :)

Soldato
I echo what Russinating says.

Ikea is 'OK'.

But think of it this way, most mattresses are meant to last 8-10 years.

You're paying £25 a year for something you will spend ~8 hours or so on every day. If you can I'd get something a bit better.

Associate
Only ever had there foam type mattress and there only really goof for guest rooms i would say.As they do go down hill after a few years.
But never tryed there HÖVÅG mattresses given ikeas cheep and cheerfuller build quality cant see them being up to the main stream brands.Unless they are made and rebaged like others for example dreams own brand are made by reylon and reylon are cheeper.

I would say you can get better branded named mattresses if you look on line took me 2 mins to find a good site not the main stream stores.Most do free delivery with in a day or two.
I went this route for my main bed a few years ago got a superking size Miracoil 7 silent night mattress got it half the price of local stores saving around £300.

There are more than enough deals out there at the moment to get good quality at a good price so shop around

hope this helps as its a bit of a off track waffel :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The cheapest mattress from there is more than double (£210) what the IKEA mattress costs?

Exactly, shock as something twice the price is a bit better! Whilst I agree with the sentiment that it's worth spending on something that you're going to spend hundreds of hours lying on, not everyone is in the position to drop £500+ on a mattress.

We have an idea mattress, the hamarvik, it's really comfortable, we did actually try the hovag, but found it far less comfortable than this one

Associate
The cheapest mattress from there is more than double (£210) what the IKEA mattress costs?

But you do pay for quality. And they are not the only place out there

hears a start https://www.mattressman.co.uk/mattresses/pocket-sprung/
so say has trust pilot excellent reviews never bought from them so dont no.
nearest store to you is Nottingham from your location.

But look threw that lot to get a ideal on price and types.

Associate
If your location is accurate and you are still in Sheffield there is a place between manor top and intake which do good mattresses at bargain prices. I've had two from them and they have been excellent. It's basically a large shed behind some terraced houses but I got a really nice double mattress with a memory foam top for about £200. Maybe £250. Can't remember. Huge improvement over the ikea one we had before.

Edit: place is called "beds for everyone" if you are interested.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a cheap Ikea mattress and its the best night sleep I have ever had. Had it over a year now and nothing has happened to it. I used to have bad back ache in the morning but now I never have any issues. I used to have an Ikea mattress with a 3inch (iirc) mat protector on top previously and that was amazing. the ex took that. bitch.

Soldato
Nothing wrong with the Ikea ones, especially the combo memory foam ones which are incredibly comfortable. Spring count doesn't matter as much when it's combined with memory foam IMHO.

Own an Ikea mattress, would happily get another. We did go for a king size last time which is great as our daughter likes to read her comics in bed with us on saturday mornings :D

Soldato
Hovag here as well. Tried them all out and was the best and good value. £250 for King.

I just don't think these low volume £500+ mattresses people suggest are that much better, if at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which is moot since you should change your mattress every ~8 years anyway

The only (other) place I've seen this mentioned is the recent TV advert for a mattress shop.

It's there any science to this or just some successful marketing convincing people to replace something potentially needlessly?

Back
Top Bottom