1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll have it back by morning.....

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Randell Floyd, 15 Aug 2006.

1. Randell Floyd

Wise Guy

Can I borrow your XDA and GPS for a overnight trip? I'll keep it safe don't worry...

[​IMG]

and after telling him not too let the battery drain he managed too bleed it dry.

Any ideas at what price I should charge him for breaking it?

2. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

However much it doth cost ye to replace it.

3. Randell Floyd

Wise Guy

Well the screen's are rocking horse hard too get, so it's going too be flee bay price's for a 2nd hand one, and they look like £100 a go. Just going too be less hassle selling and the parts and the gps, memory card too be honest :(

4. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Can you get them new anymore? I think it's a simple matter of you-break-it-you-bought-it. Demand that he replace the machine.

5. Spinler

Associate

Id give him the phone and ask for a new one bought.

6. Gavin

Mobster

Ive always been bought up only to lend things to people if you can afford to replace them, i wouldnt dream of charging a friend to replace anything broken by accident

7. cymatty

Capodecina

Can you not claim of your house insurance, charge him the excess.

8. Flibster

Caporegime

Closest that I can find to it new is the XDA Exec/Jasjar/9000

£630...

Simon/~Flibster

9. Spamalot

Soldato

I think that would be taking the mick some what. And have you not seen ebay?

10. Randell Floyd

Wise Guy

We'll he said that I should get my house insurance to pay, I told him that I'll notify my foot, ready for a trip up his ***.

Told him that if he wants to do it via insurance it can be his, and that I'm not waiting around for weeks too be back to normal.

11. Pdog

Wise Guy

Spiner dude, swearing isn't allowed on the forums. Best edit your post asap.

12. Mint_Sauce

Mobster

Get him to cough up, you were good enough to lend him it now he's gone any broken it he needs to replace it with one just as good if not better.
    If I broke a mates phone/pda etc I'd buy them a new one and make sure it was the next model up for the inconveinience I caused.

yes yes, I am great me. :D

Last edited: 15 Aug 2006
  13. Duradrum

Wise Guy

CPW will repair it for £40. Guaranteed :)

14. Hades

Caporegime

How on earth did he do that to it?

Oh and I'd tell him to replace it at his own cost.

15. Randell Floyd

Wise Guy

He left it in a corner of the room in a cheap plastic bag, his mum put a load of encyclopedias on top of it :eek: :confused: :(

16. jhmaeng

Wise Guy

If he has half a brain, he should realise (without you telling him, even) that he should replace it to original condition through whatever way he can (whether repaired or bought again, etc) at his own cost as soon as possible to minimise your inconvenience.

He quite clearly did not take good care of the phone, so it's only right that he should cough up the costs to make good the damage. If I did that to someone else's belongings, and there was no particular circumstances (which there isn't, in this case) then I wouldn't think twice before starting to look for getting it repaired or replaced with my own money.

17. Gavin

Mobster

In that case its not a accident really thats just not taking care of it, surely his mum knows it was a expensive piece of kit. Her insurance would pay up straight away for such a small amount. Tell your mate to just pay the excess to his mum?

18. Randell Floyd

Wise Guy

Do you know this for certain?

The guy just called and ask how much did I want, I told him £100 so he said £125 would be with me by tomorrow.

19. Gaygle

Capodecina

Oh ok, fair play, he's not being an ass about it and promptly paying up. CPW usually charge a lot i thought.