1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm an utter pansy...

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by GuruJockStrap, 7 Feb 2006.

1. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

I can only play Condemned in short bursts!

Had it for a while and I'm only on the 4th Chapter! Its just so god damn creepy.

Done the 3rd chapter where your chasing the suspect through the Subway and just got a glipse of something falling from the ceiling and crawling into a vent!:eek:

Anyone else like this or is it just me? :o

2. VIRII

PermaBanned

Just you ya big girls blouse :D

and possibly me too

3. Nismo

Capodecina

I dont normally like scary games (or films) but I'm ok with Condemned. Upto Chapter 4 where you investigate the subway car, the scary parts have also been pretty cool upto yet.

4. Manlove is my forte

Sgarrista

That game made me jump the one time I played it. Mostly because the enemys respawn if you pass through the area multiple times so occationally when I got lost I would end up encountering people I killed before (and I wasn't expecting them to be there)

5. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

I finished the game in one big sitting, finally got to the final level at 2am in the morning and i had to turn off the sound cause i was going stir crazy!

6. 1ofaKind

Hitman

I'm so scared it's still shrinkwrapped :D

I got it free with my bundle and haven't had the time yet is it any good then?

7. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Its an excellent game. Loads of atmosphere and damn creepy (too creepy if you ask me!).

8. Puppetmaster

Soldato

im assuming its only on xbox360?

i havnt played this but i live playing games that scare you, although doom wasnt that scary i would never play it in the middle of the night, cos its terrible when all the lights are off n its quiet, then suddenly something appears :eek:

9. Nismo

Capodecina

Its coming for PC too I think.

10. melchy

Soldato

Im genuinely of the opinion that Condemned is the best of the 360 launch titles. I finally got around to finishing it about a week ago, but i've missed a lot of achievements so i'll probably go back and see if i can pick them up. Sound plays a big part in the game, i found the sound in the School to be particularly disturbing.

As has been said by a few others, wait until you see Mr Tibbs :eek:

11. roboffer

Sgarrista

Worst bit for me was in the department store :o

12. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Yup, its a 360 exclusive.

Sod playing this at night though. If I play Condemned its during the day with plenty of light :p

It makes excellent use of sound. You're walking along and then you can hear somebody running about or something move (I always stop and then frantically look around).

Or you get to an esculator then suddenly something cracks you in the back of the head and you go falling down (you never leave 3rd person mode).

13. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

I played the demo and it game me headaches, couldnt play it for longer than 10-15 minutes.

Paul ...

14. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

I've seen a video of that and I'm not looking forward to it!

15. melchy

Soldato

Something similar to the dummies happens in the School as well, i'll not spoil it any more for you though.

16. ~J~

Sgarrista

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Scary sh...poop. Play it again, 2am, lights off, make sure a door is open for the breeze on the back of your neck and the door is creaking. Now that's a good way to play it!

17. roboffer

Sgarrista

Reminds me of when we used to play Predator Tag on AvP, lights off, headphones on and volume up. Scary!

18. melchy

Soldato

Funnily enough most of the time i spent playing it was late at night. My flat is in quite an old building and it creaks and settles a lot at night. It certainly does add additional atmosphere.

19. Smit

Soldato

Think I'm on chapter 6 at the moment... Great game that is

20. Wyrdo

Capodecina

It gets worse, you big girl! :D