I’m building a Polytunnel.

Soldato
Did you fit a gutter to the tunnel?
No my tunnels were both First Tunnels and neither had the option of gutters. Although I did hang some ultra capacity guttering in one tunnel and grow strawberries in it. It worked well but you had to be really diligent with watering in the summer. When we moved I put it outside which also worked pretty well, saves your back a bit :D

Caporegime
OP
No my tunnels were both First Tunnels and neither had the option of gutters. Although I did hang some ultra capacity guttering in one tunnel and grow strawberries in it. It worked well but you had to be really diligent with watering in the summer. When we moved I put it outside which also worked pretty well, saves your back a bit :D

Ill do a bit more research on guttering as I reckon I’ll collect a far whack of water from the tunnel.

Caporegime
OP
Had some spare bricks 2 pallet loads spare after building the house nearly 10 years ago...Could never think of what to use them for until now. Got some blocks delivered for raised beds.

jK5DS9T.jpg

de0QpQ5.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Ill do a bit more research on guttering as I reckon I’ll collect a far whack of water from the tunnel.

Great project would love to have the space for something like this.

Regarding the guttering would this feed into water butts, or can you divert the rainfall automatically into the tunnel for automatic watering in the right conditions (but assume you'd have to be careful not to over water if a deluge of rain occured).

Caporegime
OP
Great project would love to have the space for something like this.

Regarding the guttering would this feed into water butts, or can you divert the rainfall automatically into the tunnel for automatic watering in the right conditions (but assume you'd have to be careful not to over water if a deluge of rain occured).

Thinking of getting 2 x 1000 litre IBC's

I have 660 litres being fed off my car port... 600 litre behind the Garage, a 1500 litre tank off the house and 400 litres of the summer house roof.

Ive got obsessed collecting water...lol

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Had some bricks left over still ! So decided to make 3 x outside raised beds to use them up..had about of a tonne of soil left, the Pollytunnel took 8 tonne.

Don’t usually have my collie on a tether but I was expecting a delivery form DPD :D

GvYAeNa.jpg

H4nesAc.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom