I'm going to be assuming the boxing stance for Cancer Research UK

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I could wear comedy shorts actually, no rules on them! But I think that would be getting a bit cocky :p

Yea, "charge and bang". :D What was Jonny Knoxville (of Jackass fame) thinking when he went toe-to-toe with him? Madness.

Anyway, good luck with the fight. I don't think the Butterbean method works for everyone so I'd go with boxing instead if I were you. :)

Thanks! Double tap fake jab then come in with a quick cross might just be my trickery move. PT says he rarely sees anyone at these events use fakery, especially a double tap leading into a cross with the spring action loaded into the waist.

I'll be brushing up skills on that the next 2 weeks!

Soldato
Good luck mate I did UWCB a couple years back and met some friends for life doing it. Also went on to do some unlicensed boxing afterwards.

The feeling you get when your hand gets raised.... amazing..

And its all for a good cause.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you!

Training this week has been a bit lacking. Managed to injure a lower rib muscle, not from training but I knelt down to do something and had to cough at the same time which results in a rib digging into muscle and causing pain which still exists. Probably a few days recovery needed.

Bugger.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Match-up night was tonight.

My opponent is blue shorts guy, 5th in from the right. Friendly bloke. I have not sparred with him properly yet during training but have watched him with others. I think I might have the edge on speed and power but he might edge it on technique. I don't think I will be doing any of the class based training this week as fight night is Saturday. Instead I will train with my PT so as not to give any tells away during training that might work against me if he spots anything!

Win or lose, it's gonna be one mega experience.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Update!

Fight night was yesterday, what a fantastic experience! We fought the whole 3 rounds and put on a good show for those who came to watch us and Johnny won on points at the end. Well deserved he landed some good hits!

I'd definitely do it again. The 8 weeks training was not easy, but nothing prepares you more than actually experiencing the ring with a crowd of 1000 odd people, the lights, the bell, the walk on etc!

We both got little desk plaque rhings and I bought the framed prints as a memory :cool:

The official video isn't up for weeks but here's a YouTube clip that was uploaded by attending :)

Our fight was the 3rd of the night, loads of others were ended early due to injuries or the other person batting out. Many fights were also all out brawls.

Thank you everyone for supporting this cause!

Soldato
Congrats

Personally not a sport I'm in to due to the long term damage to the sportsmen and women it typically induces.

But at this level for a bit of fun with some seriousness as a 1 off, I think it's great. Went to one a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Good to get/give a beating in a controlled way. Lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers all!

I got so much of a buzz from being in the ring I'll continue to do boxing as a few friends do it weekly. I'll also do another charity match but this time with CFN I think to see what they're like. I've been told tehyre slightly smaller but a much more personal crowd who really get in to it. Stay tuned!

Anyway, the after-party and catching up with friends etc was really cool. My opponent was also a top guy. Couldn't have hoped for a better opponent realky. Would definitely fight him again. After the couple of big swings he landed me with in the ring, he asked right after it is was okay, an immediate nod later we were back on there.

He had more boxing experience and this www the first time I'd ever thrown a punch at someone innmy life in front of so many people!

Better perspective in this video taken by a mate

Some pics!

rps20181211_104409_459.jpg

rps20181211_103108_621.jpg

rps20181211_102610_889.jpg

rps20181211_102807_236.jpg

rps20181211_102933_348.jpg

rps20181211_102959_248.jpg

Back
Top Bottom