I'm having a quarter life crisis

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I love watching pepsilol's condescending side come out. Dude's textbook "new money".
Ironic it came from him considering he appears to pass his father's cars off as his own.

I wonder where the money came from for this purchase, but quite frankly it's none of my business. Enjoy!

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
OP
Thanks all!

Blimey. What are you going to do in 10 years' time when it's time to upgrade whatever you're driving and you realise you've already had all the decent cars? :p

Well done though, that looks wonderful :)

Thanks :) That's genuinely going to be a tough decision, as has been said there's very little that can better it without getting well in to six figure sums of cash. In a few years time no doubt I'll be starting a family and will need to be sensible, so we'll see how the values of the C7 RS6 are holding up :D

Congrats! :D

So... how different does it feel or have you not had the chance to really exploit it yet?

Performance wise I think they're about equal no?

Anyway, enjoy look forward to the next meet! :)

Haven't had the chance (nor the testicles) to properly give it some yet, but book figures show this being ever so slightly quicker to 60 than the M3, and in reality the two feel very similar speed wise. The 911 certainly feels more composed and grippy, especially in adverse conditions, but a bit more seat time is needed before I form a proper opinion :)

Did the plates come with the car? It's nice to know dr house is known outside the forums as it makes his car buying antics believable :p

No the plate belongs to Dr House, once the V5 comes through it will be going back on retention in his name and my plates will be going on :) He's a good genuine guy, very smart and has a good grip on life.

Wow!! Lovely car Cal, but I have to ask, did the Doc remove his belongings from the drivers door? :p

The contents of the door were removed, but I did acquire a nearly full pack of baby wipes in the glove box which have come in quite handy :D

So you went for his in the end, shame it's not a convertible in the end. This was the one he took to the meet wasn't it? If so it's a lovely car.

So when's the next meet planned for ? :p

Yep that's the car. Well the weather is just turning bad, so most likely soon :D

Figured you'd got the new M4 when you mentioned it the other day. Not particularly my cup of tea but can't knock it for what it is, hope it gives you many pleasurable miles Cal.

I found the M4 far too dull to warrant paying £15k+ over my old E92. Plus a friend had real difficulty selling his as no one seems to want one, and that's not a situation I want to find myself in.

I drove the 991 C2S at Silverstone last weekend and I have to be honest, I felt it was a very different car to my old GT3. Sure it was incredibly clever, its braking and traction control systems were very impressive and it pulls probably even better than my GT3 but the steering has lost a load of it's feel which is a real shame. What showed it more was I got out of the 991 and got into a 993 and the difference was massive in the favour of the 993. Great car don't get me wrong, but not a car that I would get up at 4am to go drive anymore I don't think, just left me feeling a bit impressed but disappointed it's lost some of it's "I'm going to kill you....kill you when parked......when you sleep".

Completely get that, I look at the 991 C2S as more of a GT cruiser with the ability to attack a good road when the mood takes you rather than an out and out sports car like a GT3.

I had considered a 997 GT3 but my main usage is pottering around town or sitting on a motorway, there aren't many decent roads near where I live and I certainly wouldn't be tracking the car, so although I would have loved to have bucket seats and a roll cage because race car, I suspect I would become tired of it rather quickly. Plus, GT3s were at least £20k more than this which was both more than I wanted to spend, and I fear the Porsche GT bubble may burst at some point and I don't want to be caught out when that happens.

Can I ask how much you paid?

Won't say an exact amount, but we settled on a figure around £70k.

"Quarter life crisis" :D

How old are you Vox?

22, so not quite quarter life yet :D

Btw. What do you think of the ventilated seats? Try it with the seat heating on at the same time. It sucks air from your body so you stay warm but still fresh.

Really like them, as you say it removes the hot air pocket that can develop behind your back with the heated seat on. Look forward to using them in summer.

But if you then fart it's delivered like a nuclear attack at pace into the cabin!

Excellent piece of information, passengers will now be suitably terrorised :p

Looks like a great example and probably feels a big leap on to throw down a country lane or pushing on in the wet. :)

Enjoy it and try not to miss that V8 too much. ;)

Driving it tonight in the wet I had your comments in my head about your old 997, in the wet weather the car still feels at home and pushing it down a few lanes it gave the confidence to go about as quick as I would dare in the dry with the M3. Fantastic machine.

Man of Honour
It's a lovely car. I just find it amazing how a 22 year old who lives at home can drop £70k on a car.

If you are living at home and earning a reasonable wage not that hard, especially if your parents are fairly well off and will only accept token rent to cover costs :S

Caporegime
wow some jealous peeps around, who cares if mummy and daddy paid for it :)

Zackly. Vox never brags and seems like a decent chap so fair play to him. It's not depressing at all that I'm a decade older than him and not even close to owning a Porsche. No sir :p

(Although in my defense I came over here with absolutely nothing and no education 10 years ago and built myself up to an excellent standard of life with zero help or support from family so I can't complain really :p)

Caporegime
Ah, ElliotJames. I found him by the way. He now lives in Knightgate in Central London and drives a Civic Type R with a Lamborghini exhaust, an Enzo engine, two turbos, four superchargers, 750bhp, a surround sound system and a DJ deck in the back, all mounted on some road legal slicks.

https://www.facebook.com/judge.rudy/videos/1381592095185015/

H-Tune were so impressed with his mods, they even made a kit.

Back
Top Bottom