1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a quarter life crisis

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Voxination, 19 Nov 2016.

1. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Looks lovely, glad that lovely 991 is staying in the OcUK family!

2. Maximum Triceratops

Mobster

Nothing wrong with that :D

3. megakid

Wise Guy

Awesome upgrade.

I think Porsche really nailed the 991 - inside and out. Retains the classic shape yet really manages to pull it off with a modern twist (rear lights for example).

Well played sir :cool:

4. wingman

Soldato

Vox is genuine guy, sent me a car part for free a year or so back - no ifs or buts and wouldn't take any money either. Not even for postage.

I've known him do stuff like this for other people too. Hope he continues to do well in life and with his motoring portfolio.

5. hurfdurf

Suspended

If you don't plan on moving out and are earning £30k a year it's incredibly easy to do so. People have different priorities, if I hadn't of moved out I'd be doing exactly what this guys done.

6. wingman

Soldato

This.

7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Should have got a diesel, sure thats nice but it hasn't got much torque has it m8?

8. grudas

Capodecina

Same here! Would be sitting in my TT 6SP SUPRA :D

9. wingman

Soldato

No smoke no poke...

10. panthro

Capodecina

Great car and amazing spec. Shame the colour isn't as eye catching as Japan Red.

11. adam cool dude

Capodecina

I did the same. 40k house deposit at 23. By 40 I should be mortgage free. Then I can have a real mid life crisis :D. I still remember that time with all that money sitting in the bank pondering a 18 month old R35! Then the other half brought me back down to earth :(

12. theone8181

Soldato

I moved out at 24 as my parents were doing my head in, the following year I bought a 911. It's all doable just depends on luck of the draw sometimes.

13. mrk

Man of Honour

Looks absolutely rubbish :mad:

I look forward to seeing it soon :cool:

14. hurfdurf

Suspended

Shows your kind of character when you make a comment like this tbh.

15. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Nothing wrong with doing it the other way around - then you can have a proper mid-life blowout in your 40s.

16. Gaijin

Don

He'd have a meltdown if he saw the 599 owned by a guy with a small tatty 3 bed in my old neck of the woods. Doesn't even have a garage from what I can see as it's always on the drive.

17. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

Not posted for ages so may aswell pop in and say well done!

18. Housey

Man of Honour

I was told on a thread a while back, that no wealthy people drive cheap normal cars or would ever think of driving mundane stuff to go to the shops and that I was making stuff up because of this 'fact'. Vox has obviously gone out and bought this car himself and good on him. So what if he lives at home with parents or he has a small house. Experience has shown me in 20 years time people like him will probably have a nice big house in the countryside, a supercar, some cheap runabout, but will still be facing comments from people in 2 bed semis that they don't know what success looks like and that real wealthy people would never have a cheap run about and would use only a RR to go to McDonalds.

To add you can't really get finance on cars like this easily when bought privately as pretty much all finance houses need an invoice from a limited company. Now I don't seek to dig into anyone's finances or seek any comment as that is no ones business, but people might want to consider this fact. Having a 60K car on your drive without finance, is not something most people on this forum would ever be in a position to do, no matter how big their house.

19. wingman

Soldato

When buying my used M135i and switching finance from BMW's lovely 10% loan to Sainsbury's 3%, I had over £45k credit at one point without even trying. It's amazing what a good credit score will enable you to achieve, quite scary too as £45k on one car is both achievable for me and entirely stupid.

And that's me being moved out of my folks place, too. If I were still at the family home... well there probably would be a £45k motor on dads drive! :D

As with Housey I'm not prying into any one persons finance in this thread other than my own, but if you're clever and in a semi fortunate position, getting into decent cars isn't particularly difficult.

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

Heh - yeah - I really want to dump a load of money on a GTR but in my position it would be both achievable and incredibly stupid :( that said not too bothered about picking one up down the line when they are old news and a lot cheaper.

I've seen someone with a net worth in excess of half a billion driving a clapped out old Renault Megane before heh - thought it had to be a look alike but later found out he does actually own it.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2016