I'm having a quarter life crisis

Soldato
I've seen someone with a net worth in excess of half a billion driving a clapped out old Renault Megane before heh - thought it had to be a look alike but later found out he does actually own it.

The second most senior partner where I work drives a 10+ year old Honda CR-V for a 35 mile each way A/B road commute :o Not quite the same but still odd!

Man of Honour
I've seen someone with a net worth in excess of half a billion driving a clapped out old Renault Megane before heh - thought it had to be a look alike but later found out he does actually own it.

It's a view held by people who think we all fit into a box and act in a certain way, probably someone who has been exposed to 1 or 2 people who have bit of new money and think everyone with money lives in a £50M mansion and has a Ferrari for each hour of the day. Now I know some people like that of course, but I also know plenty who like you references are what most would call liquid, but don't feel the need to express it with flash cars, watches, clothes or even houses.

Man of Honour
Back on topic is it just me or is that Porsche kind of channelling the e-type jag look? (not that Porsches in general are a million miles away from that look).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
what has this thread turned into :)

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this at the next meet! I did love your m3's sound so I wonder how the porky compares.

I think it's a fairly logical discussion point. It's not everyday you see someone do what most of us have joked about doing I.E. spending a house deposit on a car :p

Soldato
The second most senior partner where I work drives a 10+ year old Honda CR-V for a 35 mile each way A/B road commute :o Not quite the same but still odd!

Our CEO drives an old Audi TT, and frequently uses his bus pass to get to work. People have different priorities no matter what their walk of life may be.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I think most importantly of all is, semi detached or terrace means nothing when it comes to value. You go in to most Zone 2 or 3 areas in London and you're looking at £1m+ for a semi. (Zone 1 is another level).

Associate
I think most importantly of all is, semi detached or terrace means nothing when it comes to value. You go in to most Zone 2 or 3 areas in London and you're looking at £1m+ for a semi. (Zone 1 is another level).

Yeh its a bit mental, telling my nan she was a millionaire now as we had to get her house valued for the first time since they got it in the 70s for probate didn't go down well with her and a bit of a surprise for us. House doesn't even have central heating and a kitchen/bathroom that's at least 20-30 years old.

I think it's a fairly logical discussion point. It's not everyday you see someone do what most of us have joked about doing I.E. spending a house deposit on a car :p

Chatted to Vox loads at the SE meets about what car he was getting next which got me looking into what I could possible get quite easily now (f-type, DB9 etc) but I don't have the balls to spend my house deposit on one. That and I think my dad would hit me and then kick me out... Hence me getting the worlds best second car.

Last edited:
Soldato
That car looks really great and with all those options it will be rare I suspect. Little disappointed in the colour, probably because the red M3 was really RED. Reminded me of my old Hellrot E36 M3 every time I saw it.

The C2s is not the one I would have bought though, I'd have opted for a C4S or GTS ideally. 2WD probably the purist's choice, but 4WD would mean I could use it all year round. Yes it would be my daily.

BTW I could afford two of these 911s, one to drive and one to polish... no finance involved or anything. I don't have one (or two), not because I'm not super successful (I am thou), but purely because I just decided to sit on the fen ce for now. Not the right time and all that jazz.

Lovely car, enjoy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
BTW I could afford two of these 911s, one to drive and one to polish... no finance involved or anything. I don't have one (or two), not because I'm not super successful (I am thou), but purely because I just decided to sit on the fen ce for now. Not the right time and all that jazz.

Lovely car, enjoy.

Is this real life.

Soldato
Or is this just fantasy?

274027_700b.jpg

Soldato
ok

Soldato

That's nothing. Pepsilol could afford 8 of these cars and a 10 bedroom mansion in Mayfair.

Back
Top Bottom