I'm having a quarter life crisis

Soldato
Interesting view points on peoples net worth and the type of house they own versus the car they drive. There's a road near me where all the houses (20-30) are worth north of £3m and would all be classified as mansions.... footballer type houses. There are only 3, maybe 4 houses in the whole road that own decent cars (Ford GT, Ferrari 612, Merc SLS, 911 Turbo). The rest all have your bog standard Fords, Hondas, bottom end BMWs and many bangers among them. Guess it depends where your priorities lie.

Man of Honour
That car looks really great and with all those options it will be rare I suspect. Little disappointed in the colour, probably because the red M3 was really RED. Reminded me of my old Hellrot E36 M3 every time I saw it.

The C2s is not the one I would have bought though, I'd have opted for a C4S or GTS ideally. 2WD probably the purist's choice, but 4WD would mean I could use it all year round. Yes it would be my daily.

BTW I could afford two of these 911s, one to drive and one to polish... no finance involved or anything. I don't have one (or two), not because I'm not super successful (I am thou), but purely because I just decided to sit on the fen ce for now. Not the right time and all that jazz.

Lovely car, enjoy.

Careful or someone might go through you post history and find out you opted to go small at McD's because you hadnt been paid.

Soldato
Vox, I like it dude, top choice :)

Haters going to hate, jealous peeps going to question everything about the financials, tis the internet, enjoy it and health to drive buddy!

Soldato
That's nothing. Pepsilol could afford 8 of these cars and a 10 bedroom mansion in Mayfair.

True. I admit it, he's waaaay more alpha than me.

Careful or someone might go through you post history and find out you opted to go small at McD's because you hadnt been paid.

Indeed, or that I once lived in a bungalow while claiming to be tres riche.

Prefer these threads going back to being just about the cars, who cares where the money came from. All so serious.

Man of Honour
Interesting view points on peoples net worth and the type of house they own versus the car they drive. There's a road near me where all the houses (20-30) are worth north of £3m and would all be classified as mansions.... footballer type houses. There are only 3, maybe 4 houses in the whole road that own decent cars (Ford GT, Ferrari 612, Merc SLS, 911 Turbo). The rest all have your bog standard Fords, Hondas, bottom end BMWs and many bangers among them. Guess it depends where your priorities lie.

Just having a skim through street view where I live kind of amusing - the ~3million houses most of them have like bog standard Seat, Rover, couple of Peugeot 106 type, etc. and only 2 houses have some rather nice BMW M series. Few streets away with semi-detached in the half million ish territory many of the drives have executive level BMWs or Mercs and even spotted a Ferrari.

EDIT: That said no idea what is garaged up, etc. at the more expensive ones as most have a double or triple garage.

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW I could afford two of these 911s, one to drive and one to polish... no finance involved or anything. I don't have one (or two), not because I'm not super successful (I am thou), but purely because I just decided to sit on the fen ce for now. Not the right time and all that jazz.

I'd invest in some posting lessons so you cease posting so obnoxiously before anything else.

Soldato
Only when either are in question. The OP never asked for running costs or financial advice. His finances have sod all to do with us.

These car threads often derail into this rubbish... im just ashamed my jesting above was the reason for it here.

I'd love to have a 911 parked outside (perhaps even a lovely Singer over even a new 991), but i dont. The OP isnt even 25. Fair play to him. Do i care how he has financed it? Not a jot. I hope its everything he wants it to be.

Caporegime
It's almost like different people have different priorities in life :eek:

What is this witchcraft? Why aren't these rotten eggs living in the boots of their Veyrons or taking their mansion to the 'ring? WHAT.

Soldato
yup! I'm half tempted to leave london because it's mental here.

Dont do it, I made this mistake and dumped huge amounts of money into a house a long way outside of london in 2010.

In 2015 when I wanted to move back to london my massive house in the country is still worth what I spent on it while you now need £800 to £1m for a good 2 or 3 bed place in a nice area in london.

If you make the move keep your london pad so you can come back later if you want.

No the plate belongs to Dr House, once the V5 comes through it will be going back on retention in his name and my plates will be going on :) He's a good genuine guy, very smart and has a good grip on life.

Thanks, actually I know I post quite random threads because it brings me some strange amusement especially when I get confused comments from Fox, but people that know me in real life know that I actually have my life quite well put together. I don't come form money, I really struggled to with spelling and reading form a young age but I made it though med school, I am considered a very competent doctor, I have built a nice little house for my self, own a bunch of cars free of finance, have good friends, got to travel the world and have had a lot of fun with girls way above my league so I am not doing too bad dispute some of the flak I get here.:D

That car looks really great and with all those options it will be rare I suspect. Little disappointed in the colour, probably because the red M3 was really RED.

Lovely car, enjoy.

The combination of options on this car is so very rare, the first owner is a very very wealthy man that just ticked every option he wanted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't it call it flak, you know as well as anyone else does how utterly random and borderline fantasy your car threads look, but of course the difference is that you do actually have these cars and you genuinely do randomly go and buy an M6 3 days after thinking about a diesel Cayenne :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30235104 said:
I wouldn't it call it flak, you know as well as anyone else does how utterly random and borderline fantasy your car threads look, but of course the difference is that you do actually have these cars and you genuinely do randomly go and buy an M6 3 days after thinking about a diesel Cayenne :D

lol that is true, I did not just talk about the cayenne I actually paid a deposit and the dealer backed out because they did not want to fix 3 or 4k worth of work that needed doing on it. Lets hope everything goes well with the pickup of the M6 tomorrow.

Soldato
Dont do it, I made this mistake and dumped huge amounts of money into a house a long way outside of london in 2010.

In 2015 when I wanted to move back to london my massive house in the country is still worth what I spent on it while you now need £800 to £1m for a good 2 or 3 bed place in a nice area in london.

If you make the move keep your london pad so you can come back later if you want.

I think most people want to get out to London to purchase because they can't afford to get on the property ladder full stop, never mind keep a pad in London and move else where.

Thanks, actually I know I post quite random threads because it brings me some strange amusement especially when I get confused comments from Fox, but people that know me in real life know that I actually have my life quite well put together. I don't come form money, I really struggled to with spelling and reading form a young age but I made it though med school, I am considered a very competent doctor, I have built a nice little house for my self, own a bunch of cars free of finance, have good friends, got to travel the world and have had a lot of fun with girls way above my league so I am not doing too bad dispute some of the flak I get here.:D

To be fair your posts come across as pretty humble despite them being utterly bonkers. If you get Flak its not because you post like you are from mum and dads money.

Soldato

I think most people want to get out to London to purchase because they can't afford to get on the property ladder full stop, never mind keep a pad in London and move else where.

To be fair your posts come across as pretty humble despite them being utterly bonkers. If you get flak its not because you post like you are from mum and dads money.

Back
Top Bottom