1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm like a big kid

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by WatchTower, 22 Apr 2011.

1. WatchTower

Mobster

It's weird I've had PC's Laptops and so on but I'm so excited as I'll have my first Macbbok pro in the matter of hours. I haven't been this excited about something since I was a kid at Christmas.

Ok I know the new technology tradition like when you open the box you have to get a whiff of the new gadget smell but is there any My first Mac traditions? :D Were any of you folks this overly excited when you went to purchase your very first Mac computer?

2. Tummy

Caporegime

I could barely contain myself.

Touch yourself and it at the same time.

3. Beasty

Mobster

Took me about 45 mins before I dared remove the plastic film or break the seal on the bottom.
    We are weirdos.

4. Rainmaker

Sgarrista

You're not alone. :o I stared in awe at mine, then very delicately took it out of the box and unwrapped everything at what must have been a snail's pace, taking in the textures, smells and sights as I went. My girlfriend thought I was insane, but I made sure she came back into the room to watch the OS X install intro.

"Doo do do doo do, doo doo do doo dooo do do.." :o :D

5. Fragil1ty

Gangster

I was ecstatic! literally, I was over the god damn moon and I only got a Mac Mini, if I got a MBP? jesus christ, I think i'd cry.

6. WatchTower

Mobster

I must get some sleep but I'm so excited. :D

7. Fragil1ty

Gangster

Enjoy my good man, :>

8. Fozzie55

Gangster

I did :D when my wife got me a MBP when we got married over 4 years ago. (I remember why I married her now ;))

9. mat1110

Associate

I waited a few hours to open my iMac as I couldn't be bothered to set it up. On the other hand the girlfriend was drooling over it and wanted to open it there and then but I kept saying no. I already brought her a iPad for uni and she ripped it open like a kid at Christmas

10. bcjames

Soldato

I must admit that when I opened my first mbp, I wasn't overwhelmed. It was very well made and fired up quickly, but that was it. After using it for a bit, that's when I realised how good they are.

I was much more excited about getting my new, second, mbp this week :D. It had a lot to live up to, plus being much faster. Anyway, the guy in the apple store opened it all up to test it for me, so I didn't get the excitement there either!

11. Number_25

Mobster

It's just not me that thinks that sounds sexual is it ?

12. WatchTower

Mobster

Just a couple of pics of my new girl friend. Yes I've uploaded them to Facebook as I couldn't help showing her off. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Apr 2011
  13. WatchTower

Mobster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Think that'll do I'm sure you folks don't want to look at cables, manuals, and discs. :)

14. Number_25

Mobster

Very Nice!

15. Faustus

Soldato

In a word - NO. :(

16. syed2012

Associate

Man i just love the pictures !

17. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

I had the same excitement, waiting for my MacBook. Was sitting my the door waiting for the delivery man and ran out as soon as I saw the truck, lol. :cool:

Congrats on the new toy - enjoy! :D

18. Yas786

Caporegime

Hmmm im seriously considering getting a macbook pro 13" myself but im a bit apprehensive as i use alot of window programs and i dont know if any of them are available for the mac...thats the only thing putting me off getting one but also the price of them :/...they are pretty over priced for what you get ie i can spec a similar pc laptop for about £300 cheaper really.

Would love to get one but not sure if alot of my programs will work on the mac....not really that concerned about the price tbh.

19. Spyhop

Soldato

Next thing to do with a new gadget: get a scratch on it so you can stop worrying about it staying pristine :p

Thankfully it's easy enough to find out if programs have a Mac version or a Mac equivalent.

20. theheyes

Sgarrista

Crikey, I wish I could get this excited over a laptop. I miss that kid-at-Christmas feeling. When my iPhone4 arrived I didn't open it straight away, and when I did it was fun for 5 minutes and then it just became my phone. I see technology as more of a means to an end rather than the latest must-have shiny thing which probably explains why I went from a 2G iPhone to an iPhone4 and my PC is 5 years old.

Macs are pretty good for people who like to open stuff with a lot of pent up anticipation. They're usually very well packaged (it's a good idea to keep this packaging for when you come to sell it on) and from unboxing to getting to the desktop is about as streamlined as you're going to get.