I'm looking to buy a high quality resin printer to start a business.

Associate
I am looking at starting a business printing my own models the largest being a vehicle 170mm Length, 65mm Width, 76mm Height, so the print capacity needs to be at least this size. The models are 1/24 scale so I do need high fidelity in the print. Kind of hoping £3500 would be enough but obviously the cheaper the better.
I haven't done any 3D printing before but understand its better to do simple stuff first. I have been 3D modeling for a lot of years, though it has never been my job. I do understand how to produce a water tight mesh as is needed in printing.
Hope you guys can help.

Associate
OP
Thanks bulb66, I have looked at the Elegoo MARS and the quality of the prints looks to be the standard I can work with. I didn't know they make larger printers, so yes I'll look at those.
And thanks for the heads up on Uncle Jessy's channel.

Associate
OP
Shout out to bulb66,
I ended up buying a Mars Pro and have spent today popping my failed prints off the FEP layer on the resin tank. For whatever reason it won't stick to the build head, I have tried a little PTFE on the FEP, but when running I couldn't hear the popping sound as the build head raises up so I stopped printing and it was building on the head, just my luck. So I cleaned everything and tried again this time the resin stuck to the FEP again despite using PTFE.
I've googled prints sticking to the FEP and there seem to be lots of it could be ? and try this it may help. As you have a Mars I'm guessing you have had some sticking to the FEP or at least have an idea as to what will help. One suggestion was to buy other brand FEP as this cured one guys sticking problems.
Hope you can help.
sculptor
PS. I watched 3D Printing Nerds live stream unboxing 3 Anycubic Printers and printing out a benchie on all three, he had no problems at all everything went as smooth as butter.

Associate
OP
My last attempt is working, its about a third of the way through and each time the head raises you can hear a pop. Two and a half hours to go so it'll be a late one tonight.
If you do have some hints and tips I would be grateful if you cold post them. I think what worked was cleaning the head with a paper towel until I cold nearly see my face in it, well not quite that much.

sculptor

Soldato
If prints not sticking to build plate it will usually be not levelled correctly or bottom layer exposure time is too low.

Each resin has different exposure settings depending on ambient conditions and settings.

Associate
OP
Thanks Toasty, Iv'e levelled the print head to the FEP instead of a piece of paper and Iv'e warmed up the resin (it's in a metal flask and was cold to touch) and its now printing fine.
I'm now in the process of working out how to successfully print my models. Citubox auto support is failing my models but after watching 3D Printing Pro I now know how to place the supports myself so will have a go tomorrow.
Not sure if it will be a total success but it will be better than auto support.

sculptor

Back
Top Bottom