I'm lost, what do I get!?

Associate
Hi All,

I'll be upgrading my PC once the new AMD processors release however I want to get my racing rig sorted before hand as it's half complete at the moment with the house move. So let me explain my issue;
  • I'm mainly a console racer so 1440p is not an option from what I've read (Assuming PS5 won't support 1440p as the PS4 doesn't support it).
  • I want to future proof myself so I want 4k (As 1440p isn't supported on PlayStation) and also 144hz (Or maybe 120? Not sure?). Kazunori Yamauchi (Creator of Gran Turismo) has said they are wanting 4k 120fps which I believe they will get as they are already at 4k 60fps at the live events they do on the PS4 Pro, so that's what I'm expecting with the PS5 (Or Pro when it comes out). I don't buy a new monitor very often (My last was 2015 from here of course :D)
  • I'm also a PC gamer (Which is where 1440p would have been great).
  • I'm also a content creator so want to move to 4k as I think we are hitting that point right now? This is for both streaming and video production
  • I like having 2 screens when on my PC and the 3rd screen is a duplicate of the main screen from the PC when sat at my racing seat (That 3rd screen would also get the PS4/PS5 feed so switching between source). There's a potential of a 4th screen to duplicate the 2nd near the rig but I'd get a copy of my current main monitor (AOC G2460FQ 24").
  • I think I want between 27" - 32" and nothing bigger for screens 1 and 3 (Duplicate of each other). One thing I've found when duplicating the screen is I used to duplicate a 144hz screen with a 60hz TV and I could quite easily see stuttering on the 60 vs the 144 (The console gaming never stuttered so just assumed the GPU was having issues), so I wanted to keep the screens the same to avoid any compatibility issues? (If that would even happen)?
With all that in mind I'm just... lost? I can't seem to find any monitor that fits my preferences? I also don't want to break the bank (New house move and wanting the new upgraded PC). Am I asking for to much? Can anyone help? I really want to get this sorted before the PC. Maybe it's not time to upgrade to 4k yet?

Back
Top Bottom