Im not normally a fan of Ford Ka's...

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
Raced one of these in my 306 just tonight, kept pace but bit it at the top end, pile of poo imo
I raced a BMW Z4 away from the lights in my 1.4 306 last night, caught him napping and by the time he started reeling me in it was too late and he had to pull in behind me. Therefore Z4's are a pile of poo. ;)

Seriously, I can see no reasoing behind your post at all.

Associate
there was an article in top gear magazine years and years ago about a bright yellow ka with a cosworth engine producing 400hp. now im sure this is bull but it was top gear n all.....

anyone heard of such a beast?

Soldato
I remember that, I have also seen a 206 shell on a cossie body and engine and made to look like a 206 rally car. It looke shweet and went like ****. Must have cost more to do than what it was worth tho!

Soldato
fast ford, now theres a contradiction in terms unless it means fast to rust or fast to breakdown. :D :p

Why Merc Leather with a BMW colour? Looks like any other chavved up lump of rust tbh.

BTW I hate Ford the company rather than Ford owners before you start..

Soldato
I like that, and I like what he's done with it. Its different, done with taste, and probably a damn hoot to drive.

Excellent :)

Associate
The_Dark_Side said:
i like the whole "Q" car idea so this Ka kinda floats my boat.
Indeed, very subtle from the outside.
Looks like any other chavved up lump
Something people obviously havnt grasped when they make comments like this simply because its modified (therefore must be chavvy, as its a popular thing to say at the moment). What rust?

...but everyones entitled to their opinions - even if they are wrong. ;)

As Lopez has said, just becuase it was designed as a little runaround doesnt mean it has a poor chasis. They handle very well, and with this extra poke i'm sure it'll embarress a fair few who've caught a dose of badge snobbery. Beaten by a Ka, oooh that must sting ;)

Associate
Oakesy2001uk said:
I remember that, I have also seen a 206 shell on a cossie body and engine and made to look like a 206 rally car. It looke shweet and went like ****. Must have cost more to do than what it was worth tho!
Ah yes - another engineering project. No - seriously, it was an engineering project, a University one. It was in Redline a couple of moonths ago - very impressive work. I'm sure 'residual value' and 'ease of sale' werent on his list of priorities though ;)

Soldato
darko said:
there was an article in top gear magazine years and years ago about a bright yellow ka with a cosworth engine producing 400hp. now im sure this is bull but it was top gear n all.....

anyone heard of such a beast?

Severn Valley Motorsport built it, although i do believe they themselves quoted the power at around 600BHP which was basically a load of crap iirc...
:)

Back
Top Bottom