• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Im out of the loop - which card?

Soldato
For £200 max.

Used to be in to this OC stuff but now I need to replace my 8800gts for somthing alittle more power.

I havnt played a game since 2 years ago but Im thinking about giving BF3 ago. What do you reckon?

Rest of spec is a C2D overclocked to 4GHZ
4GB RAM

Soldato
If it were my money then I would be certainly looking at the 6950, however with the 7xxx series being released/on the horizon it might be worth waiting a little while to see how the prices settle down.

Associate
If you have to buy now 6950 would be the choice, if you can wait as above poster mentioned then see how much a 7950 is or see the price of the 6950 drop and save some money.

Your CPU and Ram should be fine, a OC of 4ghz shouldnt bottle the 6950 in any way.

Permabanned
i was looking into a 6950 but like many people earlier have said i think it's best to bite the bullet and wait 2-4 weeks see if prices stabilise and what the new gen of gfx has to offer before outlaying cash on a middle to high end gfx card atm.

Back
Top Bottom