Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Can you link me to the Three contract you are using?

It is this one LINK I have started with a 1 month contract at £26 if it proves successful i will switch to 12 or 24 month to bring the cost down a little, or maybe even try Smarty which looks like the same thing for £18.75

The router is network unlocked so I can try different networks, only pain will be moving the external antenna, but can do initial tests on a mobile phone to test signal etc.

Soldato
It is this one LINK I have started with a 1 month contract at £26 if it proves successful i will switch to 12 or 24 month to bring the cost down a little, or maybe even try Smarty which looks like the same thing for £18.75

The router is network unlocked so I can try different networks, only pain will be moving the external antenna, but can do initial tests on a mobile phone to test signal etc.

Im interested to see if or how this pans out in practice as I am stuck in an area with about 8 meg but decent 4G coverage. Frustration levels are increasing as there is no upgrade in sight for it.

Man of Honour

I have the 12 month version of that on my phone. It's great not having to worry about going over a limit and the speeds where I am are fast. But I absolutely cannot get a signal on the downstairs floor of my house. Hopefully you'll be able to as I guess it varies between areas.

Associate
I have the 12 month version of that on my phone. It's great not having to worry about going over a limit and the speeds where I am are fast. But I absolutely cannot get a signal on the downstairs floor of my house. Hopefully you'll be able to as I guess it varies between areas.

When I was running tests for the location of the 4G router upstairs did yield much better results, I need to try again in the loft as that would make it even easier to attach the external antenna.

Im interested to see if or how this pans out in practice as I am stuck in an area with about 8 meg but decent 4G coverage. Frustration levels are increasing as there is no upgrade in sight for it.

Will let you know, I will potentially start a new thread in the network sub-forum to document my findings to see if it is a viable alternative to broadband from the phone line.

Soldato
When I was running tests for the location of the 4G router upstairs did yield much better results, I need to try again in the loft as that would make it even easier to attach the external antenna.

Will let you know, I will potentially start a new thread in the network sub-forum to document my findings to see if it is a viable alternative to broadband from the phone line.

That would be great, thanks in advance!

Caporegime
Going to test out 4G as a potential replacement for my very poor home broadband (max 11 meg). I bought a Three sim and performed some tests, it varies massively depending on where I test but have found a location that seems to give fairly consistent results.

Based on these ordered a Huawei B525 router and Poynting external antenna, hopefully these will give me a slightly faster and more stable connection than the tests I was performing on my phone.

I am going to keep my existing BB connection going for the time being while I test out 4G using a rolling 1 month Three unlimited data contract.

Anyone else using 4G as their main home connection?

I have been tempted myself, but wouldn't mind a router that does 5g too. With it just round the corner. Do you game? How is it?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The wait begins....

Capture.png

For £280 I can wait :D
Eww Аэрофлот. Although for £280 that is an absolute bargain.

Man of Honour
The final piece of the puzzle for getting 10 Gbps between my PC, VMware homelab and QNAP NAS.

mhBpLjR.jpg

Getting anywhere between 200 MB/s and 500 MB/s depending on what I'm copying and where from. Annoyingly Macrium Reflect seems limited at 2.3 Gb/s and while still twice as fast as before, I would have expected more. Perhaps it's due to it being the free edition.

Back
Top Bottom