Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
New PC time:
5hmwU69.jpg

Gone from:
i7 920 @ stock
48GB RAM
Nvidia 980 GTX
2x 250GB SSDs
A few mechanical drives
Thermaltake Kandalf

To:
i7 6800 @ stock
64GB RAM
512GB SM961 M.2 SSD
NZXT H440

Also kept the Nvidia 980 GTX and the 2 SSDs. I got a NAS a little while back so don't need the mechanical drives any more. It's so quiet now.

Suspended
As one of my sons broke my last headset...

20160702_120940.jpg

Soldato
New PC time:

Gone from:
i7 920 @ stock
48GB RAM
Nvidia 980 GTX
2x 250GB SSDs
A few mechanical drives
Thermaltake Kandalf

To:
i7 6800 @ stock
64GB RAM
512GB SM961 M.2 SSD
NZXT H440

Also kept the Nvidia 980 GTX and the 2 SSDs. I got a NAS a little while back so don't need the mechanical drives any more. It's so quiet now.

How do you find the case? Fitting size, cable management, cooling?
Cooler is?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
As one of my sons broke my last headset...

20160702_120940.jpg
What do you think of them? I broke a pair of those and was peeved they'd ran out of stock in Currys so took a punt on the Voids. The voids are definitely more comfy but I miss the volume scroll from the H2100s. I would say the H2100's give a better impression of surround.

Suspended
What do you think of them? I broke a pair of those and was peeved they'd ran out of stock in Currys so took a punt on the Voids. The voids are definitely more comfy but I miss the volume scroll from the H2100s. I would say the H2100's give a better impression of surround.

I have been too busy doing chores around the house yet mate, so haven't had the opportunity to unbox them. I have always used wired headphones, so really curious to find out how wireless is - will try this evening and post initial impressions.

I had a Plantronics headset but that got broken, so I was using Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro headphones so I could game, but had no mic obviously. One of the guys in my Eve Corp suggested these so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

Soldato
How do you find the case? Fitting size, cable management, cooling?
Cooler is?

I had some doubts about it, I was after an In Win 909 because of its all metal build but it was only suitable for water cooling and I didn't want to go down that route again. However due to the increasing computer prices I bit the bullet and purchased a slightly more economical build then I was initially planning. Coming from a EATX case it is quite tight in the motherboard compartment and my graphics card has to be inserted at an angle otherwise it catches on the HDD cage. Cable management is easy thanks to the separate PSU cage, back facing HDD enclosure and grommets through the motherboard tray.

Once built, the plastics are of high quality, it is very quiet thanks to the fan controller (all fans are currently spinning at 500rpm) and the CPU and GPU are idling at 29*C. I've had to unplug the HDD LED as it was a bit distracting. I'm glad I went for it.

CPU cooler is a Noctua D15.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I have been too busy doing chores around the house yet mate, so haven't had the opportunity to unbox them. I have always used wired headphones, so really curious to find out how wireless is - will try this evening and post initial impressions.

I had a Plantronics headset but that got broken, so I was using Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro headphones so I could game, but had no mic obviously. One of the guys in my Eve Corp suggested these so I thought I'd give them a whirl.
One aspect I forgot is the battery life - the Voids are insane in comparison. H2100s would last about 5, maybe 6 hours tops. The Voids can go almost double. If you spend a lot of time mining / in fleets, I would take them back and get the Voids instead.

Back
Top Bottom