Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
If you love apple keyboards, try the Logitech MX Keys. Low profile scissor keys in a solid metal frame, moved to that from an apple keyboard and it's like they've studied it and just made it better in every way. Fantastic piece of kit!

Pretty sure those were discontinued?

Oh wait, that. Unfortunately one of the main reason I got the Apple board was because it was a 60% layout. I have zero use for larger keyboards and that one is just too big. If they did a smaller one I'd be game.

Associate
We had a survey for detail of what we might need to work from home better.

Turned out what they actually meant was we might, maybe, possibly, be able to retrieve the equipment we have in the office and take it home. :rolleyes:
That’s what we did on the 16th March. We all took our Computers, a printer and enough general office supplies (ink, paper, pens, pads etc). There was no point spending thousands when the equipment in our office was there.

Caporegime
I can type at 120 wpm+ and I much prefer a laptop style scissor keyboard the most. I've had a mechanical, think they're overpriced and noisy and I really don't 'get it' at all with them.

Same!

Can see why people like mech. keyboards but I much prefer my k780 for typing, playing games on.

Soldato
If you love apple keyboards, try the Logitech MX Keys. Low profile scissor keys in a solid metal frame, moved to that from an apple keyboard and it's like they've studied it and just made it better in every way. Fantastic piece of kit!
I've had 2 Cherry Straits, the action is perfect for me. But both have had problems. The first one the 'f' key is so sensitive, if you just rest your finger on the key without depressing it at all, you'll get 'fffffffffffffffff' on the screen, which is super annoying.

And the one I'm typing on now has a 'c' key that is the opposite, you have to press it really hard to get it to produce the letter.

I've ordered an MX Keys, but they're out of stock everywhere. On Amazon (OCUK Don't sell this keyboard) they wouldn't even let you pre-order one, it just shows "Currently Unavailable". They let me pre-order one last week, although it's now back to not even letting you pre-order. It just says "We'll let you know when we have an estimated delivery date". So I don't know when I'll get it.

Soldato
I really wish you could order a whole pack of demo keyboards and try them out for a week or so.

Amazon prime returns mate, got 30 days to return most things bought direct from them :D

I'm actually semi serious though, ordered 6 mice from them in March and used them all across two weeks to decide which i wanted and returned 5.

Their returns process is so effortless it seems silly not to make good use of it.

Caporegime
Amazon prime returns mate, got 30 days to return most things bought direct from them :D

I'm actually semi serious though, ordered 6 mice from them in March and used them all across two weeks to decide which i wanted and returned 5.

Their returns process is so effortless it seems silly not to make good use of it.

I remember when FrankieonPCin1080p used to do this, he'd order 20 mice, do a massive review, and then send them all back. Until Amazon cottoned on and told him to do one :p

Might give it a go though, good idea, cheers!

Soldato
Pretty sure those were discontinued?

Oh wait, that. Unfortunately one of the main reason I got the Apple board was because it was a 60% layout. I have zero use for larger keyboards and that one is just too big. If they did a smaller one I'd be game.

They've not been out long, doubt they'd be discontinued?

Guess they're out of stock everywhere as there's been a huge flurry of people working from that have never bothered with keyboards etc before.

Caporegime

What difference are these keys to their other low profile mechanical keyboards like the g915? Are these none mechanical in the MX keyboard then?

Soldato
I remember when FrankieonPCin1080p used to do this, he'd order 20 mice, do a massive review, and then send them all back. Until Amazon cottoned on and told him to do one :p

Awww man, I miss frankie, over 3 years since he did a video now. Sada keeps teasing he's coming back and he pops up in Sada's videos now and then. Trouble is Sada has a coma inducing voice and is just a **** poor youtuber.

Might give it a go though, good idea, cheers!

As long as you don't take the mickey, you'll be alright. I returned all manor of hardware when doing my system rebuild two years ago including an opened and installed Threadripper 2.

Soldato
Window Seal for AC
IMG-20200602-152917.jpg

Soldato
Page 666 :o

New computer stuff. Started off with wanting to watercool my GPU... Ended up buying a new one entirely as I couldn’t fit in the radiator into my case :p And then bought new ram, didn’t think about clearance, so bought an AIO.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Rather nice looking setup though. my kind of aesthetic although maybe too cliinical to be exactly "me". Need some real world /stuff/ dotted around to make it homely :p

I upgraded my MAN BOX today as the old one was getting a little cramped. Got room for a couple more watches and stuff :cool:

MAN_BOX.jpg

Amazon, £18, bosh.

Back
Top Bottom