Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Finally someone who gets it. Yeah super tapers are decent too.

As for the won't cut any shorter again completely ignorant.

My Wahl balding cut far shorter than my Wahl magic clips. My Andi's outliner cuts even shorter but that's more for line ups. Then my Andi's microfoil goes even shorter than all of them.

Recommending £20 cheap crap to people isn't helpful when spending a few quid more can get you top tier clippers.

Cutting power is a big one as you have alluded to. If you have thick hair some clippers can struggle and even get stuck or pull hair rather than go right through it like a hot knife through butter. I find magic clips need more passes than the Wahl balding so I'd hate to see how many passes a £20 pair of Argos clippers require for a even cut.

It's a real shame Wahl put pro in the name of that clipper as it's not for professional use and is garbage in comparison to their pro line.

Like I said before YouTube is your friend. Do your own research. Plenty of pro barbers on their with buyers guides and recommend clippers.

You are a sad sad little man. Gate keeping clippers

Caporegime
Well yes and no. It's not accurate enough for body temps. Because if your body temp is even a degree higher than normal it could kill you.

So yes it can read body temps but not accurately enough I'd be willing to stake my life on it . Mainly because of the huge range of temperatures these things tend to cover. I have one had it for years for my outdoor wood burning pizza oven. I researched as soon as Covid hit and all normal branded thermometers were sold out in the UK bar the £75+ ones.

Ended up buying a branded normal body temp thermometer to be safe should I or my family get a fever.

I said earlier “just ignore him”...

PS I already have thermometer that you stick in under the tongue, so why do I want another one? For stick it up your bum?

edit - hey that rhythm!

Last edited:
Caporegime

PS I already have thermometer that you stick in under the tongue, so why do I want another one? For stick it up your bum?

You said it work checking body temps point it at forehead.

Someone could read that and use it without realising it's not accurate enough and they be dead.

I'm making sure it is clear that what you wrote isn't okay to do if your life is potentially at risk.

But you keep on giving bad advice.

Caporegime

These are perfectly fine. When measuring bodies for a fever you're not looking for accuracy, you're just looking for elevated temps. Whether it's 5deg over or 10deg over is irrelevant.

That said, these IR thermometers aren't very accurate with fluids so keep that in mind. I wouldn't be using one for cooking at all tbh, I use them at work for AC temperatures mainly.

Caporegime
You said it work checking body temps point it at forehead.

Someone could read that and use it without realising it's not accurate enough and they be dead.

I'm making sure it is clear that what you wrote isn't okay to do if your life is potentially at risk.

But you keep on giving bad advice.

I’m not advising anything, like I said my car can do 150mph, does that mean you can drive it to 150mph?

jesus, I’m going to practice what I preach and put you in ignore. Waste of time even reading your trash.

Caporegime
I’m not advising anything, like I said my car can do 150mph, does that mean you can drive it to 150mph?

jesus, I’m going to practice what I preach and put you in ignore. Waste of time even reading your trash.

If you said your car can do 150mph but it actually only can do 110mph then yes you should be corrected.

You said it can be used to check body temps. I'm telling you that it cannot. It's not accurate enough. The degree of accuracy when measuring body temps has to be pretty much spot on.

It cannot be out by as much as even half a degree.

Caporegime
These are perfectly fine. When measuring bodies for a fever you're not looking for accuracy, you're just looking for elevated temps. Whether it's 5deg over or 10deg over is irrelevant.

That said, these IR thermometers aren't very accurate with fluids so keep that in mind. I wouldn't be using one for cooking at all tbh, I use them at work for AC temperatures mainly.

It’s for a ballpark.

If it says the oil is at 50c, it’s hardly going to be 300c for real or vice versus. Of course I’m not stupid enough to trust anything 100% and always do a wooden chopstick test. I just like gadgets.

The other thing is I want to test the water temp coming out of my espresso machine, so pull a shot of water and I can check instantly, a thermometer takes time to rise to it. Again, don’t need it to be 1 degree accurate, just an idea.

and both instances no one is going to die from covid! I mean I might get soggy batter or bad cup of coffee...

Caporegime
It’s for a ballpark.

If it says the oil is at 50c, it’s hardly going to be 300c for real or vice versus. Of course I’m not stupid enough to trust anything 100% and always do a wooden chopstick test. I just like gadgets.

The other thing is I want to test the water temp coming out of my espresso machine, so pull a shot of water and I can check instantly, a thermometer takes time to rise to it. Again, don’t need it to be 1 degree accurate, just an idea.

and both instances no one is going to die from covid! I mean I might get soggy batter or bad cup of coffee...

It's fine for those uses. However you should never have said it can be used to measure body temp. I don't care what you use it for cooking wise. I even told you I own one and use it for my pizza oven.

It's okay for a ball park figure for cooking yes.

It's not okay for measuring body temp.

But you seem to be focused on food now when I'm not disputing that which should have been obvious when I said I own one and use it for an oven.

I'm disputing the fact it can be used to measure body temps. Yeah it will give a temp but not accurate enough to check for a fever across the board.

If someone came on here and said I'm using some made up herbal medicine and it cures a disease and someone then used it for that purpose that's not good. So someone could have used it because your post said it could be and I'm saying it's not accurate enough for that purpose.

It's okay to say that you were wrong to say what you did.

Caporegime
He's like the energiser bunny but instead of being full of Duracell, he's full of rage because people use products not sanctioned by pruhfeshenuls

i still remember years ago he alerted the forum of some limited edition Sennheiser headphones in blue, when I got it I was disappointed in its build quality but I kept it anyway, I remember this really clearly that he asked to swap his used pair for mine brand new! When I declined he threw a strop saying something along the lines that he has rights to it because he told me about them!!!!

Nope I didn’t swap it with him...I didn’t use them at all...in fact I gave them away to a forum member about a year ago as they weren’t getting used.

Soldato
Gonna regret fueling this but YOLO. 1.2°C variation in reading methods, but only 0.6 either side of oral readings.

An ear (tympanic) temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature. An armpit (axillary) temperature is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature. A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.

Caporegime
It’s for a ballpark.

Oh cool, that was my point. Just didn't want you expecting accurate readings with it as it could mess with your cooking :p

Caporegime
Gonna regret fueling this but YOLO. 1.2°C variation in reading methods, but only 0.6 either side of oral readings.

Accuracy:

±6℉/3℃ At -58℉~32℉(-50℃~0℃)

±(1.5% reading + 4℉)/ ±(1.5% reading + 2℃) At 32℉~1022℉(0℃~550℃)

That's from the Amazon listing

So it's 1.5 percent plus 2 degrees Celsius out and that's if you believe some cheaply made Chinese product.

Soldato
Tea off Amazon, normally don't go for blend hybrids but this actually looks, smells and tastes great whether black or with a bit of milk.

*Snip*

I'll have to look that up.

IMO you can't beat an Earl Grey from Fortnum & Mason

Have you tried their Countess Grey? It's F&M's take on Lady Grey (Earl Grey with a hint of citrus). I always bring some back whenever I go to London.

Back
Top Bottom