Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Transmission breaker
Don
Regardless of the calibration accuracy, you can mostly assume that it's accurate against itself for monitoring change. So if you measure yourself regularly, you would be able to see an increase/decrease. Which is far more significant than any specific temperature reading. Lets chill out (hurr!) with the thermometer nonsense.

Soldato
Fire pit cover

IMG-20200921-105449-01.jpg

And T-Shirt

IMG-20200921-105405.jpg

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Not that I want to wade into the IR thermometer debacle, but the accuracy of most IR thermometers is dependent on the sensor's and measured surface's emissivity - it's ability to reflect IR. If the values of the surface and the sensor doesn't match, it won't work accurately. I've used a few at work for calibrations and changing this value can cause some surpisingly high swings in temperature - enough that it could easily class you as dead ;)

Caporegime
These are perfectly fine. When measuring bodies for a fever you're not looking for accuracy, you're just looking for elevated temps. Whether it's 5deg over or 10deg over is irrelevant.

That said, these IR thermometers aren't very accurate with fluids so keep that in mind. I wouldn't be using one for cooking at all tbh, I use them at work for AC temperatures mainly.

I would say 5deg or 10deg over is very very relevant!

Normal range for human body is 36.1 to 37.2. Anything over 38C is considered medically to be a fever. If your dodgy chinese IR thermometer overstates by 2C then normal body is always going to read as been a fever,

Equally if its the other way wrong you might miss a fever,.

39.5C is a high fever and 41C is a very high fever.

Anything over 41C generally means your body is most likely to be suffering from organ failure and you require immediate medical attention which is long before your 42C or 47C which you said is irrelevant lol.

Caporegime
I would say 5deg or 10deg over is very very relevant!

Normal range for human body is 36.1 to 37.2. Anything over 38C is considered medically to be a fever. If your dodgy chinese IR thermometer overstates by 2C then normal body is always going to read as been a fever,

Equally if its the other way wrong you might miss a fever,.

39.5C is a high fever and 41C is a very high fever.

Anything over 41C generally means your body is most likely to be suffering from organ failure and you require immediate medical attention which is long before your 42C or 47C which you said is irrelevant lol.

I would think if that happens I'd get the oral one out of the cupboard and double check. That's more hassle because then i need to sanitise it afterwards.

For checking whether my espresso machine is pulling a shot optimum for coffee....the world isn't going to end.

Soldato
He's solar powered.

No wonder it comes in surges. :p

My latest purchase. Audioquest DragonFly Red as an upgrade to my MBP, in order to drive my DT1990's. I was impressed by how well it handled my old 990's, still playing with these atm. Liking it a lot so far. Oh, as it's 2020, the obligatory USB-C to A adapter too...

Image.jpg

Soldato
No wonder it comes in surges. :p

My latest purchase. Audioquest DragonFly Red as an upgrade to my MBP, in order to drive my DT1990's. I was impressed by how well it handled my old 990's, still playing with these atm. Liking it a lot so far. Oh, as it's 2020, the obligatory USB-C to A adapter too...

Do you have a comparison how those tiny USB DAC/AMPS compare to actual separate units?

Soldato
Do you have a comparison how those tiny USB DAC/AMPS compare to actual separate units?

Not personally no, however, I did watch a number of different reviewers on Youtube who did, and nothing they said stood out as a failing for the DragonFly. They seem to be a great little product. From memory, I feel that is has a cleaner sound than my old Asus STX sound card, although I cannot make any comparisons to desktop units.

Soldato
Not personally no, however, I did watch a number of different reviewers on Youtube who did, and nothing they said stood out as a failing for the DragonFly. They seem to be a great little product. From memory, I feel that is has a cleaner sound than my old Asus STX sound card, although I cannot make any comparisons to desktop units.

Ok thanks I have a schiit modi + uber currently which are small but I do like the look of having something a lot smaller and not requiring two plugs!

Soldato
Ok thanks I have a schiit modi + uber currently which are small but I do like the look of having something a lot smaller and not requiring two plugs!

I had looked at going that way, with a proper desktop unit as a DAC and headphone amp. However, anything I seemed to look at wasn't well reviewed or would cost a lot more than I was looking to spend right now. The convenience and flexibility of something like this is incredible! Especially since it can power up to 300 Ohm headphones with relative ease.

Back
Top Bottom