Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Fire pit cover

*Snip*

And T-Shirt

IMG-20200921-105405.jpg

Nice drunk octopus! (Holding the hanger.) :)

Caporegime
I had looked at going that way, with a proper desktop unit as a DAC and headphone amp. However, anything I seemed to look at wasn't well reviewed or would cost a lot more than I was looking to spend right now. The convenience and flexibility of something like this is incredible! Especially since it can power up to 300 Ohm headphones with relative ease.

Creative x7?

I have one it was highly reviewed by madlustenvy on headfi.

It's so powerful it even powers speakers. I only use it for headphones though.

Soldato
I'd strongly recommend the Creative G6, especially if you can get a "b-grade" one from the Creative outlet...extremely well reviewed for the headphone amp quality.

The jewel in the Sound BlasterX G6's proverbial crown is our custom-designed Xamp discrete headphone bi-amp. As opposed to single amplification found in other gaming DAC amps, Xamp amplifies both audio channels individually. You'll enjoy more detailed audio on highs, mids, and bass.

Xamp will drive any gaming headset excellently, but it goes even further than that. The ultra-low 1Ω output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 16Ω in-ear monitors all the way to studio-grade 600Ω headphones.

https://uk.creative.com/p/amplifiers/sound-blasterx-g6

I have one driving my DT770s, and especially if you want to go down the route of having an integrated microphone having a soundcard that can handle good both headphone output and microphone input without ground-loop issues is a godsend.

Slightly different approach to microphones for me :D

Modded my trusty DT770 to have a 3.5mm socket instead of a fixed wire, and have added a VModa BoomPro. B-stock creative soundblasterX g6 finishes it off nicely :) NOw realise that BeyerDynamic have started to sell their own take on this microphone, so slightly annoyed i didn't notice that first, but this was 20 quid cheaper and still sounds rather good!

wyEVTAo.jpg

59d7TNj.jpg

I was looking at the X7 too, but if you don't need the speakers the G6 seemed to hit the spot for me more :)

Soldato
Lol, always think of that when I see them :D

And new passport

IMG-20200921-174503-01.jpg

Got mine last month, was a bit of a journey.

It expired right at the start of the year, then with this covid business we'd only planned a trip away in October so didn't bother renewing it early on.

Then got to around July and they were saying the passport office was inundated with applications and expected turnaround was now 3 months. Thinking sheesh i better stick an application in quick seeing as i'd need it for October trip. Did the online one as it was cheaper than paper application. But the ******** kept rejecting my photo saying it was too dark, despite having taking it in a room where the sun shines into, on a white background and with the camera brightness upped a bit. That was about 3-4 weeks, so early August i decided to nip to one of those photo booths at the supermarket and begrudgingly pay the £6 for a photo to submit.

Submitted and boom, minutes later application approved. Later that day a text to say passport was being printed, and i think 2-3 days later a courier had dropped it off.

All a bit of a waste now that our trip away in October has been cancelled. :mad:

Soldato
Got mine last month, was a bit of a journey.

It expired right at the start of the year, then with this covid business we'd only planned a trip away in October so didn't bother renewing it early on.

Then got to around July and they were saying the passport office was inundated with applications and expected turnaround was now 3 months. Thinking sheesh i better stick an application in quick seeing as i'd need it for October trip. Did the online one as it was cheaper than paper application. But the ******** kept rejecting my photo saying it was too dark, despite having taking it in a room where the sun shines into, on a white background and with the camera brightness upped a bit. That was about 3-4 weeks, so early August i decided to nip to one of those photo booths at the supermarket and begrudgingly pay the £6 for a photo to submit.

Submitted and boom, minutes later application approved. Later that day a text to say passport was being printed, and i think 2-3 days later a courier had dropped it off.

All a bit of a waste now that our trip away in October has been cancelled. :mad:

I got a new passport at the start of last year. Ended up not going anywhere later in the year due to new job and now this year I'm unlikely to be going anywhere again. By time I use it it'll be at least 2 years old.

Soldato
Creative x7?

I'd strongly recommend the Creative G6, especially if you can get a "b-grade" one from the Creative outlet...extremely well reviewed for the headphone amp quality.

I had discounted the G6 based on what I had read about the X7. I already own an amp for speakers, but the G6 does look to be a rather neat little amp now that I've had a read about it! Mind you, it does require two cables rather than just being a single, neat solution, which was a huge plus point for me when choosing the DFR. However, I have been checking out the Topping DX3 Pro which comes back with some excellent numbers and if I do decide to switch to a desktop solution, I might just bite if I can find one at a great price. :D

Back
Top Bottom