Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Lovely build! its not often I seen people with the same Gigabyte ram as me, i dont think it was a big seller!

I have the same ram and while it performs exactly as expected the rgb and software irk me to no end. The rgb itself is off, white has a pink tinge to it and set colours tend to look washed out. Then rgb fusion, the uncontrolled lightning effect on the ram looks far better than anything the software does.

It's such a pity as otherwise it looks epic with the heat spreader etc

Associate
I have the same ram and while it performs exactly as expected the rgb and software irk me to no end. The rgb itself is off, white has a pink tinge to it and set colours tend to look washed out. Then rgb fusion, the uncontrolled lightning effect on the ram looks far better than anything the software does.

It's such a pity as otherwise it looks epic with the heat spreader etc

As I read that it occurred to me that I've never turned the RAM sticks white - I gave it a quick try and it did tend towards a slight pink hue as long as I was using the colour wheel. If I set the RGB values manually or used the white block from the little presets underneath it was fine. The gigabyte RGB software is pretty awful though.

Soldato
As I read that it occurred to me that I've never turned the RAM sticks white - I gave it a quick try and it did tend towards a slight pink hue as long as I was using the colour wheel. If I set the RGB values manually or used the white block from the little presets underneath it was fine. The gigabyte RGB software is pretty awful though.

Still off for me and if you try colours like teal it's definitely got more of green tinge to it and the brighter colours tend to look dull/washed out. Dark colours are fine though.

Associate
41992822.jpg

Seems like a great phone with a good price and their webpage has obviously had a lot of tlc spent on it. If I was in the market for new phone I would definitely consider this...

What's the verdict IRL?

Man of Honour
Are those lights off of eBay for £11? What are they like, any good?

Sounds like you found the same ones, these!

They seem very good. I only use 1x rear and the front main light. The spare rear sits in storage. Visibility for the rear is excellent and covers 180 degrees. You get multiple modes and the waterproofing seems good too as I have rinsed them under the tap for the ultimate test.

The main torch is extremely bright and is pretty overkill for a bike really but it has various modes too and brightness settings. It's as bright as my dedicated expensive torches. You could use it as a hand torch I guess.

The package comes with 3x Micro USB cables too so can charge them all at once.

For £11 I cannot spot a single negative really.

Soldato
Sounds like you found the same ones, these!

They seem very good. I only use 1x rear and the front main light. The spare rear sits in storage. Visibility for the rear is excellent and covers 180 degrees. You get multiple modes and the waterproofing seems good too as I have rinsed them under the tap for the ultimate test.

The main torch is extremely bright and is pretty overkill for a bike really but it has various modes too and brightness settings. It's as bright as my dedicated expensive torches. You could use it as a hand torch I guess.

The package comes with 3x Micro USB cables too so can charge them all at once.

For £11 I cannot spot a single negative really.

Nice one, cheers. Think I'll grab a set for when my new bike arrives.

Man of Honour
It only a few months ago i bought a Shoei GT-air 2 in plain white.

What Gloves are those ?
Richa Atlantic GTX. Very comfortable but I've not used them on a bike yet. They also come in black but they were out of stock so I took the grey. But I've warmed to the grey a lot now.

How are you finding the GT Air 2?

Soldato
Decided I was going to get an Amp for my headphones that will work with both the TV/Xbox and my MacBook. Decided on the Topping DX3 Pro and I have to say, it's excellent. Can drive my DT1990's with no issue and gives a great clean sound with punchy bass. Looks like my DragonFly Red is soon to become redundant, even though I have only had it for a little over a week... Very impressed so far.

IMG-1632.jpg

IMG-1633.jpg

Soldato
How do these kind of amps compare to plugging into pc case jack that's connected direct to mobo with onboard sound? I've never tried one.

For example, my headphones wouldn't be loud enough until 100% in a headphone Jack. The sound itself would be a lot more muffled than what you can hear with one of these and lacking in detail and sound space. Definitely a big leap from on board to this.

Man of Honour
^^ I've been looking at the Topping units this week as well as SMSL as my NAD D 7050 has started to fail and is out of warranty. NAD quoted me £660 (with additional parts + labour) to repair (!!!!!). I was so close to buying the Topping MX3 after watching a Z-Review on YT... They do everything right and have the perfect display with amber lighting which is great for reading in the dark.

Whilst pro reviewers rated them really highly, there have been a bunch of consistent user reviews on places like Amazon where the issues have been random like BT cutting out or USB clipping or the display randomly doing /stuff/ etc. The amp circuitry and DAC components are excellent however and even the MX3 at £99 can drive 300+ohm headphones with room to spare as well as fairly hungry speakers to boot.

In the end I opted against the MX3 purely because of a couple of things, they come from China and have an external power brick which I don't want the hassle of. If anything was wrong with my unit I'd have to have it shipped back to China and then the long drawn out waiting process. If I don't like how the sound is presented to what I am used to with NAD amps then I'd have to send it back anyway at my own cost, insured shipping would be about £20 alone :(

The DX3 Pro looks amazing however with way more positive reviews but sadly I need high powered speaker outputs too and whilst the MX3 fits the bill, it has those random issues mentioned. For £99 though I might just take a punt on one and put it side by side one day and can always sell it on in MM or somewhere without losing out too much £.

I've opted for the NAD D 3045 instead which arrives tomorrow. Not cheap but it's a sound I know and with a £100 discount couldn't really say no...

Soldato
For example, my headphones wouldn't be loud enough until 100% in a headphone Jack. The sound itself would be a lot more muffled than what you can hear with one of these and lacking in detail and sound space. Definitely a big leap from on board to this.

Your mobo won't deliver enough juice to power high end headphones, likely. Additionally, it probably won't be shielded enough and you'll end up with noise that a dedicated DAC would remove.

With reasonable quality earphones as opposed to headphones, presumably it would just eliminate the slightly muffled sound and improve the clarity then?

Back
Top Bottom