*** Images of Items or Services Purchased in March 2013 ***

Associate
5 metres of head ache inducing goodness. They're amazingly bright. I'll be using around 2 metres to form a rectangle on the back of my monitor to light up the wall behind. The little white IR box will be fixed to the back of the monitor with velcro.

The remaining 3 metres I'm giving to my parents to use. Just need to buy them a power suppy, IR receiver and a remote.

RqPmebC.jpg

Associate
5 metres of head ache inducing goodness. They're amazingly bright. I'll be using around 2 metres to form a rectangle on the back of my monitor to light up the wall behind. The little white IR box will be fixed to the back of the monitor with velcro.

The remaining 3 metres I'm giving to my parents to use. Just need to buy them a power suppy, IR receiver and a remote.

How much does a setup such as this cost?

Permabanned
Bought another 7970 Matrix Platinum off of a forum member last week. I'm starting to regret Crossfire, it's just terrible (in my experience so far).

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6233/p1020855o.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What problems have you been having? I keep toying with the idea of putting a second 7970 in my rig.

Soldato
I put some behind my tv recently, very effective. Was going to get a strip to fit behind my TV Cabinet and in the shelf for it.

same here - behind the tv and looks good. My 5 year old loves the "disco" lights as he calls it when they flash like crazy!

Associate
Isn't much of a purchase but I got a set of new knurled points fitted on my darts:

img04951r.jpg

They were to replace some points that were worn out and blunt. I also wanting some that would grip better and allow more room for better growing as they keep the barrel further away from the face of the board. My only concern is that they will cause more wear on the board.

I also got a few sets of different shaped flights to see how they affect my throwing (for better or for worse).

very nice indeed, how much to re-point?

Associate
I put some behind my tv recently, very effective. Was going to get a strip to fit behind my TV Cabinet and in the shelf for it.

same here - behind the tv and looks good. My 5 year old loves the "disco" lights as he calls it when they flash like crazy!

Perhaps you guys can help here.

What I can't figure out is if I cut 2 metres off the strip how do I attach the 3 metres that are left over? I somehow need to connect the connector you see on the far left of the photo to the IR receiver. As you can see from the pic they are the same type of connection.

Associate
It's a case of either chop off the connecter and solder/otherwise attach it to your cut strip of LEDs, or else buy another connector. A bit stupid that you must essentially use all 5m in the one go the way it's sold!

Also, post pics when done please!

Soldato
It's a case of either chop off the connecter and solder/otherwise attach it to your cut strip of LEDs, or else buy another connector. A bit stupid that you must essentially use all 5m in the one go the way it's sold!

Also, post pics when done please!

no need. If it's the same stuff I got (looks like it), just cut on the cutlines (the middle of the copper bits) and that's it. It only needs to be connected to the power at one end.

Associate
So it's just a case of pushing the cut end on to the 4 pins of the IR box? A bit of gaffer tape to keep them together.

Soldato
So it's just a case of pushing the cut end on to the 4 pins of the IR box? A bit of gaffer tape to keep them together.

the cable has 2 ends which can be put into the IR box - which ever end can be used so when cut you'll always have one end with the wiring on.

I used some "sellotape" pads and blu tac

Associate
the cable has 2 ends which can be put into the IR box - which ever end can be used so when cut you'll always have one end with the wiring on.

I used some "sellotape" pads and blu tac

I don't know if my lights were the same as yours. On the strip I've got one end can be pushed in to the IR connector but the connector at the other end is exactly the same as the one on the IR box. It would have made more sense if they'd have the same connector on either end. You could cut the strip in half and plug either one in to the IR box. The only purpose of the connector you see on the far left of the pic is for attaching another strip light, not an IR box.

Associate
Not sure if you have already got it tailored but I would size down if possible, the shoulders look to wide to me. Also with the sleeves that length, once you have shortened them enough the bottom of the body of the jacket may look too long.

Undo that bottom button too ;) :D

The only think that looks like it fits properly is the button into the button hole!

I'm reminiscing about George the Hoffmeister Bear for some reason....

Back
Top Bottom