****Images of Items or Services Purchased in October 2012****

Soldato

Arrived yesterday

Spec model?

Permabanned
Why is a microsoft surface/ipad tablet thing better than a small compact laptop?

I see these people who take their ipads outdoors with them they look ridiculous and everyone I've ever seen using a ipad for communication purposes (as in video conferencing) has looked like a massive tool.

And then you have to buy a keyboard accessory if you even want to use the thing for more than just watching youtube videos which is just silly and you obviously should have got a laptop.

The ONLY purpose for these giant tablets imo is...lighting and garage door control. Say you live in a large house and you want to control lighting to save power or give different moods. Or to open a garage door from another room.

People who take photographs with these...OUTSIDE...are just obscenely retarded looking. Its bad enough that people now see mobile phones as camera replacements and go around taking photo's at every opportunity. I hate you.

loleames

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Why is a microsoft surface/ipad tablet thing better than a small compact laptop?

I see these people who take their ipads outdoors with them they look ridiculous and everyone I've ever seen using a ipad for communication purposes has looked like a massive tool.

Ah, the age old Tablet v Laptop argument.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Soldato

I see these people who take their ipads outdoors with them they look ridiculous and everyone I've ever seen using a ipad for communication purposes has looked like a massive tool.

Portability? Far far Cheaper than a low budget laptop that upon doing the same job might well take more or less the same time. and a main reason that I keep coming across is it's far easier for the average person to use something like iOS and Android than it is to use Windows or Apple's OS.

Associate

And then you have to buy a keyboard accessory if you even want to use the thing for more than just watching youtube videos which is just silly and you obviously should have got a laptop.

They're much quicker and easier to use for checking email and stuff. Tablets are one of those things you won't really see any immediate use for, but once you live with one it's hard to imagine going without one.

The Surface looks to be an awesome bit of kit, although I want to see what the Pro version looks like.

Back
Top Bottom