• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just curious but how much is the 6800XT Nitro+ supposed to be if there was no shortage? Extremely tempted riight now.

I read in a review the MSRP was supposed to be around £700 but Brexit and massively increased shipping costs have happened since then even without the shortages and btc inflation.

I’m only justifying the price because I can get about £150 more for my vega due to current demand so I’m not really losing out. Do feel for those who are building new with nothing to sell though.

Soldato
I read in a review the MSRP was supposed to be £700 but Brexit and massively increased shipping costs have happened since then even without the shortages and btc inflation.

I’m only justifying the price because I can get about £150 more for my vega due to current demand so I’m not really losing out. Do feel for those who are building new with nothing to sell though.

I know the Nitro+ range are normally around £100-£150 more than the reference cards so the current inflated £860 is in the ballpark I guess. I might just go for it since I need a card that can do 100+fps for my 1440P 165Hz display.

Associate
I know the Nitro+ range are normally around £100-£150 more than the reference cards so the current inflated £860 is in the ballpark I guess. I might just go for it since I need a card that can do 100+fps for my 1440P 165Hz display.

Go for it your 5700xt will fetch £450 plus on the bay so be a cheap upgrade if you look at it like that:D win win

OcUK Staff
OP
Shall be taking most cards down around 9pm guys and next chance to buy will be next Wednesday. I’ll only leave cards ordering enabled on stuff we got 1000’s of which is just a handful of cards.

Associate
The reviews lead me to believe it might be but by how much?
Buy one sell a Titan?
Give the other to my lad?
Am I just moving from a borderline top 10 card to the second placed card?
?????

Associate
Don’t tend to post in here but want to express my thanks for today Gibbo

My last GPU upgrade was a 290, I’ve just started gaming again due to
Kids not requiring night feeds after nearly 3 years and I took delivery of a ultra wide last month.

To say I was disappointed with having resigned myself to waiting months for a new card was an understatement and the fact you arranged things to give us forum dwellers the first opportunity is appreciated

now I need a new PSU...

Thanks
Fritzo

Associate
Managed to get a MSI 3060Ti Gaming X Trio at the end.
The PNY would fit in so many more cases that I am considering but £30 for that massive cooler and the factory OC seemed like good value to my mind.
Looking forward to the upgrade from my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 that I also got from OCUK just over 2 years ago now.

Associate
Thanks Overclockers for the chance to order a 3070. I ordered a Zotac Dual 3070 as I have been after a new card for over a week as my 1080 failed and was looking everywhere for one. Ordered 1 today and hoping that the order won't get cancelled due to stock shortage, but OC have always been good with orders.

Soldato
Is a 6900XT an upgrade from Titan Xp in Sli or a side grade??
Considering SLI doesn't work with most games I would say it's a definite upgrade. For reference, a PC sporting a Ryzen 9 3950X and 2x 2080 Ti in SLI produces an average score of 23732 on Firestrike Extreme compared to 25857 with a 5800X and 6900 XT. The CPU will be responsible for some of that boost but even still...

Proof: https://www.3dmark.com/fs/24712636 (click on the arrow next to Premium gaming PC)

Associate
My single card score is still around 200th in Time spy bench mark, I’ve been burnt before switching from Nvidia Sli to AMD single card back in the HD 4850 days it was a negligible gain over my then Sli rig.
I have no allegiance to either brand it’s just that every four years or so I replace my GPU with the current top card.

Soldato
I still cant believe its actually over. Its been months of alerts and trawling. But today I finaly got my Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro + OC. Yes I paid over the odds but i am happy to get my hands on a capable 4K gaming card. At christmas I got a LG CX Oled so this is the cherry on the top to make it perfect. Thanks for the sneaky link Gibbo. :)

Caporegime
I still cant believe its actually over. Its been months of alerts and trawling. But today I finaly got my Sapphire RX6800XT Nitro + OC. Yes I paid over the odds but i am happy to get my hands on a capable 4K gaming card. At christmas I got a LG CX Oled so this is the cherry on the top to make it perfect. Thanks for the sneaky link Gibbo. :)

Nice one Jimbo, hope it comes soon for you and enjoy!! :cool:

The AMD cards this time around really are fantastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom